Cal Kestis

Four red shadows moved quickly, one by one through a long, narrow bridge stretched over the sea. Their steps drowned in the murmur of the emerald water crashing in waves into the metallic walls of four vastly scattered ovoid fisherman cabins floating on its surface. The shadows stopped on a crossroad, from which the bridge split into four parts, each one heading towards one of the cabins. The figure that appeared to be leading the others, put up its hand in the air, and gave the others a sign. The shadows headed down the bridges, each one in a different direction. Their crimson capes brushed up by the wind stood out against the greenish-blue backdrop of the sea stretching to the horizon of the water planet.

'Greetings.' a voice came from behind them and the four silhouettes quickly turned around drawing their weapons. On the other side of the bridge stood a hooded man, wearing what appeared to be a fisherman poncho. 'I'm assuming you're looking for me. Or did you drop here for a quick cast?'

The leading praetorian guard, whose hand was clenched on a double-bladed red spear, took a step towards the Jedi.

'Target number 8A7. Drop your weapon and surrender in our hands.'

'Drop the theatrics, will you?' the man scoffed and straightened his arm, drawing his green lightsaber. 'I'm not going anywhere.'

The first praetorian guard, standing closest to the man launched towards him, but was quickly swept off his feet and pushed into the water with the man's single hand movement. The guard struggled to stay on the water surface, but his heavy armor quickly began to pull him under.

'Anyone else?' the Jedi asked, when only bubbles of air on the water were what was left of the guard. 'I don't have all day.'

The three figures stood in their positions for a few seconds. One of them suddenly put his hand in the air and in a quick motion threw a long, red lasso in the man's direction. The Jedi jumped up in the air, and with a somersault, missed the lasso's end that swished underneath his feet. When he landed back onto the bridge, he pulled out both his hands and in a single motion pushed out two of the guards into the water.

'How easy is this?' he laughed, when the last guard stood before him on the other side of the bridge. 'Come on,' the Jedi sighed. 'you know what I'm going to do.'

The guard clenched their fists on the large spear he handled and with a quick swish threw it into the Jedi, who ducked at the last second, dodging it just an inch.

'Ha. Missed.' he smirked, straightening up. 'It was close though.' And with those words, he pushed the last opponent into the sea. 'Hope the fish won't choke on your armor...' he sighed and turned off his lightsaber, tucking it to the belt around his waist. He turned around to look at the dark TIE-fighter landing on the large platform built on the end of the narrow bridge. He walked over to it and carefully checked the cockpit for any more unexpected intruders. But the ship was empty. The guards must have been planning a quick comeback to their base, as they didn't even take any cargo. The Jedi stepped into the cockpit and suddenly froze in motion, listening. Then, as if something had bitten him, he lunged out of the ship, quickly running away from the landing platform. He got out of the way just in time, before a white escape pod covered in a cloud of smoke came crashing down onto the TIE ship, smashing it, and the landing platform into pieces and burying it deep into the ocean.

'Woah.' the Jedi muttered under his breath, watching as the metal scraps of the starship drowned, bubbling up the surface. Suddenly, something let out a puffing sound and the escape pod floated up onto the surface, embraced by a white piece of fabric that gradually inflated, creating a built-in pontoon. 'Huh.' The Jedi murmured. 'We didn't have that in our time.' He carefully walked up to the pod, but then stopped, as the hatch suddenly opened with a hissing sound and from it reached out an arm.