The Knights

Each platform of the landing base was connected to an elevator system that led into the city. Kylo summoned the capsule and Havre looked down at the platforms below them.

'So many landing strips, you'd assume that this place had more traffic than this...' she muttered, pointing to the only two small shuttles parked a few stories down. Kylo glanced that way.

'That tends to happen to cities the Knights visit.' he said, with a bit of a sneerful tone.

'Good friends of yours?' Havre asked, raising her brow mockingly. Kylo pursed his lips.

'No.'

Finally, the elevator appeared and they walked inside without another word. When the blast door closed behind Ren, the capsule set off without them having to press any button and it was so fast, Havre felt her stomach going up to her throat.

When they stepped out into the darkness of the city, Havre felt an unpleasant wave of heat beaming from the ground. She had to squint her eyes to see what was in front of her, as a tall wall of mist covered the space between the scrapers. She felt as if they'd entered an abandoned, rotting, urban swamp.

'Stay close,' Kylo said, lowering his voice and headed down the street. Havre fell into steps behind him, restraining herself from looking around. The place was beating with an unsettling energy. It was dark, evil and even chaotic. Havre had never felt something quite like this, not even on Mustafar. Something must have happened in the city. Something terrible. Havre she wondered if Ren was bothered by it as well, but she could only see the back of his head.

The street expanded into an empty wide plaza, where the mist scattered, unveiling a large stone sculpture rising up to five meters above them. Havre lifted her head to see that the monument was that of a military-dressed like figure. The woman depicted in the stone was facing a gigantic glass cylinder building. There was a bright light coming from one of its top floors.

'There.' Ren said and turned his steps towards the entrance of the cylinder. Havre stalled for a moment, fixing her eyes on the lit-up windows. She couldn't shake off the feeling, that something horrible was hiding inside those walls. Suddenly she saw a shadow moving along one of them, but it disappeared in the blink of her eye. Havre felt a shiver on the back of her neck and hurried after Ren.

'Who are these people?' she asked once she caught up to him. Inside, the building was dark, with only one dim evacuation neon shining through. They slowed down and looked around.

'It's a group of gone-rogue, weakly force-sensitives. What they lack in the Force, they make up with chaos and savagery.' Ren said, squinting his eyes to see through the darkness.

"They sound lovely..." Havre thought but bit her tongue before she said it aloud.

'If they're independent,' She said instead. 'Then how come you say that they're pledged to you?'

Ren sighed with something Havre could only interpret as weariness, but before he could answer, their eyes locked in a sudden alarm. They reached for their sabers a mere second before a loud slam of the front doors came from behind them.

Two large figures stood in the grey frame of the entryway. With her danger instincts sharpened, despite the distance between them, Havre immediately noticed their heavy armor and two massive weapons in their hands. Her finger lingered on the activation button, but Ren swiftly waved his hand, signaling for her to stand down.

'My eyes aren't deceiving me,' a raspy, female voice came from one of the figures. 'It is you.'

Havre glanced at Ren. His expression was cold, and his head held high.