Hermit's Den

Havre decided to set off the next morning. For some reason, she felt the need to go as quickly as she could. But it didn't come just from herself, the whole base was buzzing with unusual energy. A mixture of excitement and something that Havre couldn't quite place, and it seemed to change over the course of one night that Havre and Alyss had gone to Canto Bight.

'Yeah, it's strange...' Finn said after Havre shared her observation with him, once they were finishing breakfast. 'I think it has to do with the orders from general Organa.'

'A militarny regroup?' Havre asked, but Finn only shrugged, showing that he also had no clue.

'Are you ready to go?' Cal walked up to them with some bundle in his hands. Finn got up, assuming that they were heading off to the Shrine. 'Oh, Finn, Cere was asking for you. I actually have something to take care of with Havre on our own.'

'Oh...' Finn sat back down slowly.

'Go ahead with your training after that, I'll join you shortly.' Cal added and gestured to Havre to follow him. She waved a short goodbye to the Padawan, who smiled at her lightly in response.

'So you're not coming with me?' Havre asked once they entered the hangar elevator. Cal looked at her and shook his head.

'That's the path you have to go on your own...' he said gently. Havre nodded slowly. She somehow knew he was right.

'I understand.' She said at last.

'I know you do.' Cal said and they smiled at each other sincerely.

When they walked out into the hangar, the Jedi led her to a starfighter docked in the corner of the room - a small blue-white X-wing ship.

'I got it refuelled last night.' Cal said. 'It should be more than enough for five to eight hyper jumps.' He opened the cockpit window and reached inside to put in the coordinates. Havre looked around the Hangar. For all the time she had been going in and out of it, she had never seen all the mechanics so busy. Smoke and sparks came from every other corner and the workers had to yell over the sound of welders and drills.

'All done!' Cal announced and jumped back to the floor.

'Thanks, Cal.' Havre uttered and stepped on the ladder leading to the cockpit, but then the Jedi stopped her in half a step

'Oh, I would have forgotten!' he exclaimed and passed her a bundle that he had been holding in his hands. Havre took it from him, confused, and saw it was a deep-blue poncho rolled around something heavy.

'The planet where you're going is pretty chilly,' He said in explanation.

'Oh... Thank you-' she started, but Cal pointed to the bundle.

'Now, look inside.' he said with a smile and Havre slowly unwrapped, suddenly freezing in shock.

'Oh, Cal...' she muttered, looking at a brand new, shiny lightsaber hilt. She looked up at the Jedi with a question on her lips.

'I retrieved what I could from your old hilts, the outside I finished up with chromium. It's one of the best materials I had in the workshop. Unbreakable.'

Havre was speechless. With her mouth slightly open with amazement, she held the hilt up to her eyes, seeing the silver finish reflect the sunlight coming through the opening in the hangar. It was a lot longer than her old lightsaber, but it wasn't too heavy, she even noticed it weighed perfectly in her hand as if it was designed for her individual grip. 'It's a double blade,' Cal said, 'The cores are made from both of your old sabers.'

'I-I don't know what to say...' Havre whispered. 'When did you have time to do this?'

'Last night,' Cal said. 'I used to craft lightsaber parts for the younglings. And since I had some of the parts from your old ones, it didn't take long. It will open with the Force when you'll be ready to place your Kyber Crystals into the soul.'