Pain of his vengeance

'You want to kill me.' Snoke's voice echoed in the chamber.

Kylo looked down at the ground, staring into his reflection. His jaw was clenched from the emotions he tried to hold in.

'My boy... You haven't even finished your training yet.'

Snoke's tone almost resembled somewhat a warm indulgence. He sounded just like when Kylo first heard him in his dreams when he was younger. But now, he could clearly make out the fakeness of it. There was no point in hiding his true intentions anymore.

Snoke stood up and before Kylo could do anything, his master's finger lit up with a flashing light, and once again, an overwhelming pain reaching into his core overpowered him.

'See?' Snoke's hateful expression illuminated with the cold light of his lightning. 'You... Are... Still... Just... A... Child...' Snoke drawled every word with poison and with every second as he spoke, the pain increased.

Kylo thought he would get used to it, but after seven years of training under his master, the suffering never got lighter to bear. His face was paralyzed and his teeth were shut due to the contraction, but that didn't prevent him from screaming. With eyes wide open, he stared at his master's sadistic smile.

'How would you even raise a hand at me... Your emotions are wide open... I know everything you feel... I see every thought, every image that goes through your head... You can't hide anything from me, don't you understand?!'

He stared into his apprentice eyes with satisfaction watching how they slowly filled up with tears of pain, and at once let go, stumbling back onto the throne.

The punishment was longer than usual and Kylo couldn't get a hold of himself for a long moment. His muscles, all strained to the limit barely held him up, as he tried to stand up.

'Take him to the prison block.' Snoke sighed and on a wave of his hands, two of the larger built praetorian guards walked onto the platform where Kylo tried to pick himself up. They grabbed his arms and shoved him onto his feet, tying his wrists with force-wielding cuffs.

'I think this time it won't take long for you to rethink your actions...' Snoke hissed, when the guards dragged his apprentice out of the room.

Kylo felt them dragging his inert body through the halls, along the familiar way to the dreaded chamber, where they finally put him down.

The praetorian guard pressed one of the buttons on the red-lit panel on the wall and with a mechanical clank, the contraption was pulled down from the ceiling. The other guard pulled Ren up to his knees and broke apart the cuffs on his wrists. Ren automatically reached out his hands towards the side of the mechanism, he had been there far too many times to know not to struggle. When the guards locked his arms onto the contraption, they stepped back and before leaving the cell, pressed in a combination on the control panel. With a familiar, buzzing sound, an electric plasma appeared in between his stretched-out arms, and the mechanism was pulled up, dragging him up until his feet were a meter up above the ground.

Kylo felt the veins on his arms and legs fill up with electricity. The device was formed in a way to keep an inmate in a specific amount of pain, that would keep him conscious as long as he was locked inside, whilst still making him suffer from the electrical shock. A regular inmate put in this machine would have made it through for no more than three rotations, before a final internal body collapse. But Kylo Ren's had been put through much worse to give out to it, making him able to suffer for weeks on end.

Kylo rested his head down on his chin, trying not to breathe sharply, as every deeper breath meant another wave of pain in his lungs.

Breathe in. Hold it in. Breathe out.

Breathe in. How did he let himself do this? Hold it in. Breathe out.

Breathe in. He was too weak. Hold it in. He is too weak alone. Breathe out.

Breathe in. And now he was alone again. Hold it in. Now that she was gone. Breathe out.

In such a state of desperation and suffering his mind automatically turned to the one single thing that gave him little comfort.

Havre.