12 | his real self

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

"What have you done?!" I cried out shocked.

Lucas's eyes were wide open and stared at the ceiling while red blood flooded the floor around his head. I kneeled down beside him and closed his eyes with my palm. Then, I turned my head decidedly to Taemin. "Why?!"

"I couldn't let him live here not let him leave! It was the only solution. Now, shut up or you will end up like him", he said not caring at all about the death of his assistant.

"Why didn't you kill me? Is there another reason why you got me here and you can't shoot me yet?"

"That is none of your business".

"No!" I walked to him. "It is, damn it! It is my business! It's my life that we are talking about!"

"Your life is now mine. You have to get it! And I told you not to raise your voice to me!"

He slapped me. I felt my cheek burning by the impact.

"So... That is your real self, huh? Of course! Of course... It was my fault, I misunderstood... I'm such a fool..." I mumbled and paused for some seconds. I looked up into his eyes. "You are a heartless monster. A criminal. Nothing more".

He suddenly lost it, he screamed at me and pushed me away. I lost my balance and my head hit the wall behind me causing me to lose all senses.

•°•

Taemin's P.O.V.

"You are a monster. A criminal. Nothing more. I regret having met you".

The words she said to me that night popped up in my mind.

"You are gonna regret this..."

That was all I managed to mouth to her before she turn her back at me and walk away.

Once I heard the same words from Haeyoung's mouth, I got insane, I felt her presence here again and that freaked me out. I screamed and pushed Haeyoung harshly. She hit the wall behind her and fell on the ground unconscious.

What have I done?...

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and I felt extremely dizzy. I was on my bed with a compress on my forehead and a blanket covering my legs.

I sat up and put my glasses, which were left on the nightstand, on. Lucas's body was nowhere to be seen and so was Taemin.

My head was spinning around, but I forced my body to stand up. I walked to the living room and at that exact moment, Taemin stepped out of the bathroom. I let out a gasp and ran back in my room, however that caused my dizziness to get worse and I tripped on the coffee table. I brought my hand on my head.

Taemin came up to me with quick moves. "Are you dizzy?" he attempted to take me in his arms.

"Don't touch me! I'm fine, I can walk".

He ignored what I said and carried me in bridal style. I stared for a couple of seconds in his dark eyes who were surrounded by his black locks of hair and he did the same thing. I unstuck my gaze off his face in a hurry as he led me back to bed.

"Get some sleep", he whispered as he tucked me in.

"Were is Lucas?" I asked him.

"I... buried his body in the forest".

I hummed in response.

"Were you really gonna shoot me?" I asked him again gaining his full attention.

He frowned for a little and then replied: "Were you really ready to get shot?"

"Stop answering me with questions! It's annoying!"

He flashed me a little smile. A genuine smile. He had a very beautiful smile.

"Yeah... My father taught me to do it".

"Your father?" My curiosity burned in my lungs.

"Yes, my father. I had parents too, you know..."

"Tell me about your family".

"You don't wanna know".

"Since I'm asking, I probably want to know".

He sighed. "He was the one who did this to me", he raised his shirt and pointed his C scar.

Haeyoung, take your eyes off his abs, he isn't showing you them.

"It's been around... 18 years by then. I was ten years old. He said I should follow his footsteps and stiffen up a little. I don't remember myself doing anything... childish since that day. I had to get tougher and I did".

He has been through difficult times...

"Why did you choose to be like him?"

He again smiled but in a more creepy way. "Because I liked it".

I got goosebumps... I forgot about his real self for a bit.

"Enough with my stories. I don't even know why I am telling you all this... Now, rest".

•°•

Taemin's P.O.V.

When the sun had set and since Haeyoung was still sleeping, I got out to buy some more food. As I drove back home, I heard police sirens coming from the house's direction.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

How? The house is locked and all the windows are sealed. Or... almost all.

The window in the bathroom is broken and I haven't fixed it yet! Shit!

I stepped on the gas causing the car to move in light speed while hitting the wheel with my palm.

"Ahhh! This little bitch!"

I parked outside the house in a hurry, however, for some strange reason, no patrol car was around. Still, I ran furiously to the door and unlocked it.

I entered the house and I shouted Haeyoung's name out. But I didn't received an answer and my worries got bigger and bigger. I opened her room's door and she wasn't there, exactly as I imagined.

I face palmed myself and kneeled down exhaling heavily. I punched the wooden floor and growled in anger.

Now, what?