21 | beautiful destroyer

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

"Haeyoung, sweetie!" Wheein screamed and fell in my arms holding me tightly. "I missed you so so much..."

I hugged her too and patted her back. "I missed you too".

"Ah, it's been a month who seemed like an eternity".

I didn't know what to answer to that so, I changed the subject. "You're late! The noodles are cold..."

"Nah, it's okay, we'll eat it anyway", she took off her coat and shoes and sat down on the floor, in front of the coffee table. I brought the noodles and we started eating.

An awkward silence built up, as I felt that Wheein wanted to ask me a lot, but she didn't know how or if she should do it.

"Emm... Haeyoung", she murmured while she mixed her noodles with her chopsticks anxiously.

"Hm?"

"You can talk to me for everything, you know that, right? I'm on your side", she took my hands in hers.

"Of course", I forced a small smile.

"Would you like to talk to me about your... how should I put it?... Your abduction?"

My grin slowly faded away. "I don't think I can talk about it yet..."

"I respect that. But I have one question; have you seen their face? Were they a man or a woman?"

I sighed. "I've seen his face".

"So, you can sue him, right? You remember his features", she smiled.

"I'm not gonna sue him, Wheein".

I understood she wanted to learn more and help me feel better by making my kidnapper pay for his action, but the thing is that I don't want to. Yes, he hurt me and yes, I am really mad at him. However, I still love him. And I don't want him to go to prison.

Wheein seemed shocked by my words. She removed her hands from mine and stared at me with disbelief.

"What?"

"I don't wanna sue him", I repeated feeling the uneasiness rising in me.

"But why?!" She was trying so hard to understand my logic.

"Please, Wheein... Let's just stop this conversation right here", I begged looking down.

"No!", she yelled and got up.

Woah... She's mad. She's really mad. Wheein usually holds her temper. She must be really upset to act like that.

"What do you mean you won't sue him?! He kidnapped you and who knows what other things he did to you. What did he do to you and you don't wanna sue him?"

"He did nothing, Wheein. This is not his fault".

She laughed ironically. "'It's not his fault'? What the hell is wrong with you, Haeyoung?"

I was really vulnerable already and my tears fell down without much resistance. "Wheein, stop..."

"Shut the fuck up up already!" I heard a male voice I recognized right away.

Oh, no... Taemin.

I turned around and saw Taemin stand behind me and glaring at Wheein. He marched towards Wheein with decisive steps and grabbed her by her throat.

"Taemin! Stop it! You're choking her!" I stood up, pulled his hands off Wheein's throat and pushed him away.

"You little brat! Stop making her talk about something she doesn't feel comfortable with!"

Wheein, extremely terrified, tried to catch her breath, as I scolded Taemin.

"What's the matter with you?! You wanna kill my friend?"

"Haeyoung, who the hell is he?" Wheein pulled me back towards her side protectively. She gasped, the realisation hitting her. "Is this... Oh my gosh!"

"Get out!" I referred to Taemin. "Get the fuck out!" I opened the door for him and pushed him out.

I exhaled and eventually burst into tears. I can't help it anymore.

Wheein came to me and accompanied me to the sofa. "I'm sorry, Haeyoungie. I didn't mean to make you cry..."

I hugged her waist and cried on her shoulder, while she stroke my hair.

"Winnie..." I called her by her pet name "will you do me a favour?"

"Of course, sweetie. What is it?"

"Don't tell anyone about him, please. Not even Jongin. Pretend like all this haven't happened".

She considered it for a long time and finally replied: "Alright. I won't".

•°•

Wheein's P.O.V.

I left Jongin's apartment quite confused. What was all that? Haeyoung seemed so out of place and her words were of a paranoid person.

Haeyoung has changed, she's not like before. Only God knows what happened to her while in the hands of that man. He even tried to choke me! Haeyoung let him enter her house and moreover, she hid him!

I exited the building and tried to avoid all the reporters who had literally camped out here. With quick steps I walked till the end of the pavement to stop a cab. I looked around me nervously, fearing that Haeyoung's kidnapper would follow me to finish what he started upstairs. Once I found a taxi, I got in and muttered the address: "K Corporations' headquarters, please".

I'm sorry, Haeyoung. I'm doing all this for you sake.

•°•

Jongin's P.O.V.

I heard a knock on my door and muttered a quick 'come in'.

Then, my secretary spoke: "Mr. Kim, a lady desires to see you. Her name is Jung Wheein".

I heard Wheein's name and my heart skipped a beat. Something happened to Haeyoung...

"Let her in", I told him and he brought her in my office.

"Hi, Jongin. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I have to talk to you about a serious matter", she sat herself on the couch in front of my office.

I went to sit beside her, my worried gaze fixed on her. "Is it about Haeyoung?"

"Apparently, yes".

"Say it".

"What should I start with?..."

"Wheein, spit it out already!"

She brought her hand on her forehead closing her eyes for a couple of seconds.

"Haeyoung said she doesn't wanna sue her kidnapper, although she knows both his name and what he looks like".

I was shocked by what I had just heard.

"W-what did you say?"

"I said what you've heard. And that's not all. He was there. I saw him myself! She was hiding him! And when he heard I was mad at her for saying all this crazy stuff, he tried to choke me with his bare hands!"

I tried to process all the information in my brain and I didn't know how to react. I just stared at Wheein with my eyes wide open.

"Wait... This is too much... Why would she hide him?"

Wheein cleared her throat and lowered her gaze to the floor. "I think... she's in love with him, Jongin".