22 | betrayal or favour?

Jongin's P.O.V.

Haeyoung is in love with her kidnapper?...

"How? W-what... Wait... In love?" I just spitted out words that didn't make sense.

"Jongin, we have to do something about it. We have to cage that man, even if we have to do it without Haeyoung's permission. He is dangerous!".

"I know... But we'll hurt her feelings..." I looked at her with soft eyes.

"I know how much you love her, because I do too, and believe me, this is all for her own good. She's not actually in love, Jongin. She's sick".

"'Sick'? What do you mean by that?"

Wheein made herself more comfortable on the sofa and continued: "Have you ever heard of the Stockholm Syndrome?"

"Actually, no", I answered agitating for her reply.

"Well, it's a somehow psychological disorder. The victim has fond feelings about their kidnapper, even if they try to hurt them in any kind of way. The victim says they like the offender, but they are actually scared of them and they don't want to accept that they are the victim. That's why they eventually feel compassion, like or even love their offender and sometimes don't want to testify against them before the judge".

Wow... The situation fits so well like a piece of puzzle. Is this true? Is my little sister sick?

"Is it curable?"

"I think so..."

"Oh, God..."

"It's okay, we'll get through this together".

I looked at her and she gave me a fond smile.

"Thank you", I muttered.

"Don't thank me. I do this, because I want to", she answered.

"You know his name?"

She nodded. "Only his first name. It's Taemin".

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling miserable once again. I don't know what to do... I swear, if I won't find something to keep my mind busy, it's gonna explode.

I checked on the time; 06:13. It's so damn early... I tried to sleep again, but I couldn't, so I got up.

I walked to the living room's window and pushed the curtain aside to see outside. There were no reporters at the entrance today. Weird... They usually come here really early...

I made myself a cup of hot coffee, I lied down on the couch and turned on the TV.

I avoided all the TV shows, because, once again, they were all talking about me. I ended up watching cartoons — which I've always thought are really interesting, even for adults.

A while ago, I felt someone's presence behind me.

"Why are you up so early?", Jongin asked.

"Why are you up so early?" I reverted the question.

"I couldn't sleep", he answered and headed to the kitchen.

"Me neither", I sighed. "I made coffee".

"Oh, thanks".

"Where are the reporters?" I paved to him and stood behind the counter.

"I told you I would take care of it..." He grinned and I smiled thankfully.