30 | unexpected

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

No... Being pregnant is almost impossible... Almost... But Ten uses protection everytime-

Oh, shit!

Taemin didn't!

Shit shit shiiittt!

Wait, what if I just feel a bit sick? It's quite normal once in a while, right?...

1, 2, 3, 4,..

My period is one week late too! Fuck!

I sat on the bathtub's edge and brought my hands on my face slapping my forehead. After a couple of minutes, I returned to the living room, closing the pizza box while holding my breath and leaving it on the kitchen's counter.

Who should I call for help? Wheein? That is definetely not a good idea. Her boyfriend is Jongin and will probably tell him everything... Byulyi has a shift tonight. I shouldn't bother her... I grabbed my mobile phone and dialed Hyejin's number.

"Hello?" she answered a bit later.

"Hyejin, hi! It's Haeyoung".

"I know! Hi! How are you?"

"I'm fine. I mean, almost fine... I need your help..."

"Haeyoung, honey, what's wrong?" she murmured worryingly. "Is it Haeyoung? What happened?" I heard Taeyong say through the phone line. "Girls' stuff. Not your business!" Hyejin scolded him.

"Could you come by my apartment, please? And... If you can, stop by a pharmacy and buy me a pregnancy test..." I whispered.

"A what?!"

"Be quiet! Can you do that?"

"Of- of course! I'm on my way, okay?"

"Thank you, Hyejin".

"No problem. That's what friends are for", she said and hung up.

•°•

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, I heard the doorbell ring and I dragged my feet to the door. I opened it and Hyejin stormed into the house.

"You don't know how weird it was for me to go to the pharmacy and ask for a pregnancy test when my belly is already bloated... The pharmacist was like 'Miss isn't it too obvious that you're pregnant?' Of course it is!"

Her narration made me laugh a bit. "I'm sorry... How's my lil boy going?" I said as I stuck my ear on her belly.

"He is a troublemaker just like his father. He is torturing his mommy lately... Now, tell me why are you so... how should I put it- unhappy? Are you not ready to be a mother?"

I took the test from her hands and stared at it for a bit.

"You know you can trust me, Haeyoung, do you?"

I sighed and hugged her. She was a bit surprised but hugged me back. "What's wrong, honey?" she murmured softly.

"I have to take the test first and make sure. Will you help me?"

"As you wish".

•°•

"And now what?"

"We have to wait".

"How long?"

Hyejin took a look at the test's instruction manual. "Four minutes".