24 | turn back time

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

"Will you answer me?" I asked Kibum again.

"Kim Haeyoung, take a sit and calm down, so that we can talk properly", he said in a severe tone.

I did as he said, only because I needed him to tell me who denounced Taemin.

"I only do this, because it's you".

"I know, Kibum. Just say it already".

Specifically, Kibum would do this for everyone in the CID. We had a very special relationship with our Department Chief.

"It was... uhm... your-... It was your brother, Haeyoung..."

Jongin?!

How the hell did he find out? But no, I know how...

Jung Wheein, I'm gonna kill you!

"Haeyoung, I'm sure Mr. Kim did all this for your own good-"

"He at least should have asked me first..."

"Maybe he knew you would react like you did".

"And how did I react?"

"Strange... Everyone in your place would be happy that their kidnapper got caught".

"He- Forget it. Thank you for the information though..." I got up ready to leave.

"Haeyoung!" he cut me off making me froze at my place. "Take the rest of the day off".

"I don't need it, I'll stay", I bowed at him and exited his office.

I stopped right outside to catch my breath. I inhaled deeply placing my hands on my chest. I put my hair on a ponytail slowly making my way to my office.

But a few metres further, someone was waiting for me rather impatiently as he stood straight from his resting pose on the wall the moment he felt my presence.

"I've been waiting for you".

I tried not to explode and put all my anger on him, because he didn't do anything wrong.

"What is it, Ten?" I asked him as politely as I could.

"Can we talk?"

"But why-"

"Can we?"

I sighed. "Yeah, of course".

"Let's go outside". He grabbed my hand dragged me with him.

We reached the back of the building and Ten realised that he still held my hand and rushed to let it go.

"What's up between you and that criminal?"

Hearing the word 'criminal' send chills down my spine, but I soon understood he didn't mean it like I did. No one knows the identity of the well-known Criminal.

However, what's the matter with him all of a sudden? Ten has never been so straightforward.  It's not like him at all.

"Ten, it's really none of your business", I murmured softly trying not to hurt his feelings.

"I know it is! I know! But I do care for some reason. It's killing me that you defend and like someone like him", he yelled.

If he keeps saying things like that, hurting his feelings will be inevitable.

"You know nothing about him".

"Neither do you! Whatever he did or said to you, it was all lies! He was fooling you to use you. And don't tell me he didn't", he growled getting closer to me making me take small steps back.

"I don't understand what you mean", I muttered trying not to burst into tears — I've been really sensitive the last few days.

"Of course you didn't", he chuckled ironically. "Let me make it clear for you. He fucked you, right? And you convinced yourself that you wanted it too, am I right?!"

That bastard! I raised my hand and slapped him across his face, as a tear escaped my eye. What Ten said may be the truth and that's why it hurt me so much.

"I don't know what's got into you, but this conversation is over", I turned my back on him and walked away.

Although I tried to avoid him, he gripped my arm holding me back.

"Wait", his voice got softer. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please... I'm just jealous..."

What?! His words made me turn around to face him. He kept his head down and seem genuinely sorry for his actions. I was shocked by what I had heard; not the fact that he was jealous — I was aware of his feelings for me. I was shocked by the fact that he finally admitted it.

I guess I stared back at him for too long that made the scene even more awkward.

"Haeyoung, I'm in love with you since the day we both arrived here. I was just a coward and couldn't confess my feelings for you. These past weeks, I was dead worried about you and the worst thoughts crossed my mind 24/7. When you finally came back, I was so damn relieved, but I knew I couldn't disturb you. You know how much it hurts seeing you look at that man's eyes in such a way? It hurts me that I'm not that lucky..."

"Ten...", I stuttered.

"But you know what hurt more?", he continued. "The fact that it was him, a man that isn't aware of how precious you are..." A small smile of pain was formed on his lips.

I smiled a bit too.

"I want you to be happy, Haeyoung. I believe I can make you happy and remind you everyday of how precious, beautiful and loved you are. If you think that this man up there can make you happy, then the only thing that I can do is to keep fighting to change your mind".

These are the most wonderful words someone ever said to me. I smiled, this time widely. "You are a great person, Ten".

"I wish I could turn back time and make you say that earlier..."

"We can't do that..."

"Yeah, you are right..." he giggled bitterly nodding his head. "Can I at least have a hug?"

I laughed lightly and open my arms for him. He wrapped his hands around my shoulders, this time clasping me in his embrace and even kissing the tip of my head tenderly.

"If only I could turn back time..." I heard him murmur regretfully.