13 | what I desire

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I woke up, because I was hungry. I wanted to eat something so eagerly. I grabbed my glasses and almost ran to the kitchen.

The fridge was full of soju and beer. Only.

Men. Jesus...

I opened all the drawers and cabinets in an attempt to find something eatable. I opened a random cabinet and a mouse jumped out creeping the hell out of me. I hate mice!

I sat cross-legged onto the counter and opened the last cabinet above me. There were some chips. Whatever, they will do for now. I opened the bag and started stuffing my mouth with them. I closed my eyes enjoying the salty taste of the chips.

Then, I realized something. Where's Taemin?

I looked around me. I got up and entered his room, the bathroom... Yet, he was nowhere in the house. I tried to exit the house, but all the door was locked.

"Taemin?" I made sure he's not around.

What if...?

I opened the bathroom's door once again and the cold breeze from outside, which entered the room from the broken window, hit my face.

I stepped on the toilet and looked outside. I could easily jump out...

But what if Taemin found out? He would get very very mad...

However, the most major and important thing wasn't that.

Do I really want to leave him?

That thought couldn't escape my mind.

But he doesn't feel anything about me, it is all an illusion of mine. He is just using me to satisfy his own desires. I can't put up with this.

•°•

Taemin's P.O.V.

After I succeeded in calming my anger a bit, I tried to concentrate and think properly. I should get the hell out of here. If she has called the cops I heard earlier, they will find me sooner or later.

But- What is that sound? It's coming from the bathroom. I quickly grabbed the gun hidden under the sofa and paved towards the bathroom with slow decisive steps. I opened the door, which thankfully didn't creak, and I discovered that someone was in the shower and that the sound I heard was the running water.

Haeyoung?

I dragged the shower curtain open and revealed Haeyoung naked body. I examined her from head to toe and thought that her body proportions were perfect. She wasn't skinny and I liked that. She was simply beautiful.

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I glared at him with my eyes burning out of rage and embarrassment.

I snapped the shower curtain out of his hand and covered my exposed body with it, while the uneasiness of what just happened rised and rised.

"What the hell is wrong you?" I stuttered.

"What happened? Are you embarrassed I saw you naked?" he said so calmly.

The fact that he said it out loud just like that made my cheeks heat up. "Who wouldn't be? Why did you enter without knocking?"

"It's my house. I do whatever I want".

"Well, now, I leave here too. So, you have to comply with some basic rules! Get out, so I can get dressed!"

He surprisingly did what I said without further conversation.

I couldn't wear the same clothes as before, because they were all dirty, especially with blood. So, I just walked out with a towel wrapped around my chest and my wet hair covering my shoulders.

Taemin was waiting for me right outside the bathroom door.

"You should fix the broken window in there. And the boiler too. There was no hot water. I almost froze to death", I commented to break the ice.

"Why haven't you left? You could easily escape from the window".

That was the question I was mostly afraid of.

"I-... I haven't thought of that".

"Come on, a cop of the CID didn't thought of something so simple... You gotta be kidding me", he smirked waiting for my answer.

I inhaled deeply. "I didn't want to, okay? Happy?"

He grinned victoriously. And then, his smile faded away.

"Wait. If you haven't called the cops, then... Turn on the TV!" he demanded.

"Why-"

"Just turn it on, damn it! Ahhh, forget it!"

He turned on the television himself.

A channel's newscast was talking about the area we are located to.

"This afternoon, a resident of ....., an outskirt of Seoul, informed the local police station that she saw a suspicious man wandering around her property. Unfortunately, the middle-aged woman couldn't report anything significant about his appearence. The police officers, inspected the area, but nothing seemed suspicious. However, after the woman told one of the officers that the man carried something really big, the officers investigated the fields around more carefully and finally discovered a body of a young man buried on a field with no owner..."

With a shocked expression drawn on my face, I turned to look at Taemin who was fully focused on the news.

"...The man was in his early twenties and believed to be one more victim of the much-known Criminal, since he was shot dead on the forehead and a calligraphic C was engraved on his chest..."

"You made it seem like..."

"... He is one of the Criminal's victims, yes".

"But, why?" I looked at him.

"Because Lucas was a Chinese immigrant, who didn't have the right papers to live here and was involved in many mafia and drug scandals. I just made it easier for them to put the blame on someone".

"But they will find our fingerprints on his body".

He laughed lightly. "I'm not a rookie... I made sure to eliminate all of them".

If he says so...

"And what do we do?" I wondered.

"We are just pretending not to know a thing..."