14 | feelingproof

Taemin's P.O.V.

"You really believe it is that easy?" she wondered while looking at me concerned.

"I've done it again, many times. Don't worry".

"Nah, I'm not... I just- Don't you feel guilty? I feel like I have such a burden in my chest that I can't even breath..."

She is so sensitive to be a cop...

Ah, it's been so long since I last felt guilty... It is better that way. Feeling nothing.

"Not really... I have kinda become... feelingproof. I don't know if this word exist..." I chuckled at myself.

"I'm sorry", she muttered.

"Huh? For what?" I asked curiously.

"Feelings are something really... special. I'm not sorry that you are 'feelingproof', as you said, because I think that is not possible. I am sorry for you thinking that you don't have any feelings left anymore. You have feelings, but your heart hasn't been touched for a long time and as a result, it has slowly got cold. I can warm it up for you if you want".

Once she said this, she rubbed her palms together and put them on my chest.

Is she warming up my heart like that? She is so funny... But why does my heart accelerated its speed? I pushed her hands away.

She looked at me surprised and a little annoyed, but she tried to shrug it off. She smiled awkwardly and closed herself in her room.

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

Some days later, it was still uneasy between me and Taemin. I avoided him and he was avoiding me too.

I was currently locked in my room waiting for the technicians - one to replace the broken window and one to fix the boiler - to leave because of the obvious reason; they may recognize me.

"Hey", Taemin called me out.

I raised my head and saw his head peeking in the room through the slightly opened door. "They are gone. Come out".

I made my way towards the kitchen and opened random cabinets looking for... Yes! Found it.

"Instant noodles with eggs?" I asked bringing two packages of instant nouddles under Taemin's nose, who was standing behind the counter observing my moves.

"Okay", he shrugged his shoulders.

"You don't have a choice anyway. It is the only thing I can cook", I giggled.

"Do you need any help?" he offered.

"Nah, I can manage on my own".

"So, tell me a secret of yours. I already told you mine".

That brat!

"That was your aim from the beginning? To make me tell you my secret?"

"Maybe..."

I laughed at his expression. "Alright".

The water started boiling and I threw the noodles in the pot while sighing as a sign of surrender.

"I... Well... My sister died four years ago, when I was 20 years old. She was the most important thing in my life, she was my role model. I wanted to be like her when I grow up... Apparently, we looked really alike..." I could see the uneasiness on Taemin's face. "What's up? Do you want me to stop?"

"This isn't a secret", he mocked me.

I rolled my eyes. "Would you let me finish?"

He swung his hand in front of my nose. "Go on, then".

I grinned ironically and continued my story. "She was murdered. At least, I believe so... The police said she committed suicide, but I never believed them. That is the actual reason why I became an officer. I wanted to look into my sister's case myself. She had no reason to kill herself... She was a police officer... Maybe someone wanted to take revenge or something. The police told me and my brother, Jongin, that she shot herself. The bullet entered her skull from the behind and got out from the left side, as if she tried to make it like a murder, but failed because her hand couldn't reach that point. Seoin always liked creating mysteries. But I don't think she would go that far! What if someone tried to make it seem like a suicide and not the other way round?"

He hushed me putting his finger on my lips. "Don't talk about your family from now on, okay?"

I looked at him confused. "But why-"

"Because I said so. I'm not hungry anymore. Eat it yourself", he murmured entering his room.

What's the matter with him again? Did I say something wrong? He is unbearable, I can't stand him anymore...

I was busy sipping on my noodles, when Taemin's room door opened as he made himself comfortable on the sofa and turned the TV on.

I hurried to finish my meal and I did the dishes.

I cleared my throat and sat myself on the sofa beside him cross-legged and examined Taemin who was flicking through the TV channels and ignored my gaze.

I heard my name being mentioned on a newscast and I snapped the remote control out of his hand to turn the volume on.

"Kim Haeyoung, the sister of Kim Jongin, CEO of K Corporations, has disappeared a week ago and the police has still no clue on how she exactly disappeared. However, it is firmly believed that she was kidnapped, as she called her brother..."

"Hey, they are talking about me on the news!"

"So what? You want to go home?" he glared at me.

"No, I... think I like it here. I just-"

The newscaster caught my attention once again. "Her brother claimed he is deeply sad and extremely worried about the situation and that he will do anything to bring his sister back."

My eyes teared up seeing the photo of my brother on the screen. He seems so destressed... "Oh, no! Jongin..." I whispered under my breath, but unfortunately, Taemin heard it.

"Don't you ever talk about them ever again!" he yelled and slapped my cheek hard.

My tears rolled down on my cheeks. "I miss my brother, okay?! This is completely humane! Stop shouting at me!" I yelled back.

"You could have visited him if you had escaped!"

"Yes, but I chose to stay with you instead! So, stop acting like a selfish pig and let me cry properly at least!"

I run to my room, where I could let it all out and sob in peace.