06 | her absence

Ten's P.O.V.

I was always an early bird. And that's is very obvious in my daily routine as well, as I'm always the first person that sets foot in the CID (Crime Investigation Department).

Today, however, I was late. I hadn't heard my alarm clock and I literally ran to catch the buss.

I slept around 4 hours or so... I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about Haeyoung's meeting with Lee Jinki. I really hate this man. And I know what he is capable of doing, but I can't accuse him of anything — not because he is my superior, I just don't have the evidence to do so.

When I entered the building and sat myself at my office, I heard Hyejin past by me, sipping her hot coffee.

"Hm!" she hummed. "Morning, Chittaphon! How come you are so late?"

"I haven't heard my alarm clock..."

"You? Haven't heard the alarm clock? Weird things happen today..."

"What do you mean?"

"Haeyoung's late too. I know she is always kinda late, but today, she is 1 hour late", she explained squeezing her eyes.

Crap. I knew something was wrong.

"Did you try calling her?"

I said as I got up.

"Byulyi did. She didn't answer..."

"Shit".

I grabbed my phone and rushed out with Hyejin watching me leave with a questionable look drawn on her face.

I search Haeyoung's name on my contacts and press the call button.

I waited and waited till the voicemail came up and I hung up. I tried calling her again and again. I called her about 6 times.

I looked around the Department for Byulyi and told her I couldn't contact Haeyoung neither and that I worried about her.

"Do you have her brother's number?"

"Yes, but... I don't think it is that serious, she may have overslept... You know Haeyoung-"

"Please, I have a bad feeling for all this. Call him and ask him if he met her yesterday evening or if she had contacted him".

"Okay..." she murmured and picked her phone out of her pocket.

•°•

Jongin's P.O.V.

I was walking to the meeting room with fast pace checking the time at my wrist clock when my mobile phone rang. I wanted to just ignore it, but it just kept ringing and getting on my nerves so I pick it up. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. It's Moon Byulyi, Haeyoung's colleague", a female voice spoke from the other line.

"Oh, yes".

Then a bad thought crossed my mind. "Is Haeyoung okay?!"

I stopped walking and stood at the corner of the hallway.

"Em, I don't know... That's why I called you. Haeyoung is one hour late. She may have just overslept, but... I wanted to make sure. Have she contacted you since yesterday evening?"

"No, I last saw her the day before when she visited my apartment... Is she missing?"

"She doesn't answer our calls..."