04 | all the pain is in your mind

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I was terrified. And in horrible pain. And desperate. And confused. And mad to myself. Mad to the Criminal.

It's been only a few minutes since he left me alone in here bleeding non stop. I couldn't feel my legs anymore. A little lake of my blood was formed on the floor. I bet my face would now be pale and my lips purple due to the loss of blood. I felt very weak. The rest of my body began to numb to because of my uncomfortable position. I was fucking tied on a chair and bleeding uncontrollably!

My head started spinning around, I was dizzy. In the end, I blacked out losing all my senses.

•°•

I got my senses back once I felt a terrible pain on my thigh.

I opened my eyes widely while crying out of pain.

My gase met with his. He wiped my blood off his hand on his shirt while smirking pleased. The door was slightly open and the light from outside lighted the room I was in.

"Are you crazy?! What are you doing? You are hurting me!"

"All the pain is in your mind, sweetheart".

What is he talking about?! Has he ever felt pain? It's not in your mind, it's on your body!

I realised that I wasn't tied up anymore and I tried to get up. But I fell down.

He laughed. "You thought I would release you if I knew you could walk properly?"

He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me back. I grabbed his hand trying to escape his grab.

He put me down on the chair, caught my chin harshly and brought it close to his face. "Listen here, Kim Haeyoung. You won't leave. You won't escape. You can't. So don't tire yourself, it's not worth it".

He pushed me down and left the door angry slamming the door behind him.

•°•

I was hungry. My stomach could be heard from the moon.

I was tired too.

I should do something. I got to get away from here.

At that moment, an idea crossed my mind.

I didn't here the 'click' of the door being locked. The door isn't locked!

I should make sure that my assumption was true.

I dropped myself on the floor feeling the pain all over my body.

Since I couldn't walk, I would crawl. So, I fell on my back and started crawling towards the door with the help of my hands's movements. I leaned on the wall and tried to stand up. After a little struggle, I eventually did it. I attached my ear on the door and listened carefully.

No sight of the Criminal or anyone else.

I put both my palms on the door handle and pushed it down extra carefully. And the door opened!

Oh my God!

I walked towards that drawer in the room and opened it. Damn, no guns in here. I should go without one and just take a knife with me.

I walked out supported by the wall and examined the surroundings. It was a long luxurious hallway with a lot of other doors around. Fucking gold everywhere! Wow, that Criminal guy has a lot of money...

Haeyoung, focus on you aim!

I walked as fast as I could. The pain didn't make things any better. Plus, the blood running from my thighs left tracks behind me, however, I hoped I would have escaped by the time he finds out I'm gone.

I didn't know if I was on the second floor or higher or on the ground floor. What should I do to find out? Should I enter a random room and see the floor from the window? What if someone is in there? I don't have a choice anyway.

I approached the nearest door and tried to hear if someone was in that room. I didn't hear anything. I pushed the door handle and... shit! The door is locked.

I walked towards the next door and did the same thing - gosh, I'm exhausted! - and fortunately this time, the door wasn't locked.

I got in slowly and closed the door behind me. It was a bedroom. A really really luxurious bedroom. Everything seemed so expensive. I looked around and saw another door which would probably lead to a private bathroom. I paved to the window and opened the curtains.

Shoot, shoot, shoot, SHOOT!

I was on the second floor! Why all these are happening to me? Why do I have such bad luck?!

I heard something from the bathroom.

No. Freaking. Way.

I rushed towards the door and I bumped on a table. I moved it slightly and the vase on it crushed on the marble flooring into a million pieces.

That shit seemed like it was worth a good amount of money, but that wasn't my problem right now. My problem was that I messed up once again!

The door opened widely when the crush was heard and the Criminal showed up behind it. He was almost all naked with only a towel wrapped around his well-built body. His black wet messy hair covered his almost red from rage eyes but I could feel them staring intensely at my figure.

His husky voice ringed into my eardrums giving goosebumps all over my pathetic little body. "Okay, Ms. Kim. If you want to play this way, I'll play like this with great pleasure..."