03 | whistle in the dark

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I woke up, my head was heavy as hell. I attempted to raise it and open my eyes. However, the room was pitch black. Once my eyes adjusted to the dark, I examined the room. It was really small and dark, with no windows, probably underground and I could tell that the atmosphere was really wet.

I was seated and tied to the chair. Both my legs and waist were tied up, as well as my hands behind my back.

I was panicked. I was afraid to death and I broke out in cold sweat.

My God... I was kidnapped!

Where am I? Who kidnapped me and why?

"Hey..! Hey! Someone help me! Is anybody there?! Help!"

I hoped that someone, except for my kidnapper, would hear my screams and send help.

A few seconds later, I heard a door creak open and my heart missed a beat.

Shoot. I messed it all up.

I closed my eyes so that they will adjust to the light entering the room.

I opened them as the door closed again bringing the dark right back.

However, I felt their presence in the room. They were there.

I was so damn terrified, I wanted to run away from here, but I couldn't.

It was extra scary, because I couldn't see them at all. All I could feel was their heavy breath echoing in the room.

All of a sudden, they started whistling, giving chills down my spine.

Then, they continued murmuring this time the same melody as before, which I couldn't recognize.

"Who are you? Why have you kidnapped me?" I yelled in an attempt to sound fearless, however, you could tell from my trembling voice that I was actually faking it out.

They stopped murmuring when they heard my voice and began... laughing.

They were laughing at me.

They were partially right. I sounded pathetic.

"You are a funny, girl, aren't you?" A male voice said. He is a man. "Why do you think that this attitude of yours will benefit you? I would enjoy punishing you with great pleasure, but... I don't think these feelings are mutual", he threw me his cold answer that hit me right to the face, realising that I fucked up and that I should have kept my silly mouth shut.

"What's the matter?" He continued. "The cat got your tongue?"

His footsteps came closer to me.

I tried to move my chair backwards, but the only thing I achieved was to drop my chair on the ground, my back hitting on the floor and starting aching.

"You are clumsy too", he remarked and raised my chair with his hands on the back of the chair facing me.

He was so close to me that I could see his feature despite the darkness and me not wearing my glasses.

I was surprised that he doesn't cover his face. Is he going to kill me? Is that why he isn't afraid of revealing his face to me? Oh, gosh!

However, he had a beautiful face, with black piercing eyes, full plumb lips and sharp jawline. Taeyong was right. He was young, approximately 4-5 years older than me, not older that thirty years old.

What am I even thinking?! He is my kidnapper! Haeyoung, snap out of it!

He stared right into my eyes, piercing my soul and eventually backed up.

"Are you... admiring something?" he teased me.

"Don't flatter yourself".

Damn! Why do I keep saying things like that? Haeyoung! I told you to keep you mouth shut for God's sake!

He giggled and stepped away from me, his figure getting lost in the dark.

I heard him open a drawer or something.
Moreover, I heard metallic stuff hitting each other as he looked for something specific. He shut the drawer closed and came back to me.

"So.., what do you prefer? Since you are an officer, you know much about them. Gun or knife?"

I opened my eyes wide as I felt both the gun and the knife touch my belly and I felt like throwing up.

"What happened?" he brought his face close to me. "You see guns and knifes everyday..." he remarked while smirking sarcastically.

"Y-yes, but I don't feel them o-on my st-stomach".

"True! But you have to make a decision or else I'll make it myself...", he blackmailed me.

This is not fair! I didn't do anything wrong! Why I am getting through this?!

"You are ridiculous! I can't make such a decision!" I finally screamed at him while another tear slipped from my eye.

He paused for some seconds and finally told me: "Okay, then. I will decide it for you".

He dropped the gun on the floor and in a blink of the eye, he stubbed my right thigh with his knife.

A scream escaped my mouth and I tried to be strong and not to cry in front of him. I bit my lips while I tried not to moan in pain.

"You seem like you are not in pain, sweetie. But I'm not done yet".

What the hell is he talking about?! He is a psychopath!

He stubbed my left thigh as well.

"Ah! S-stop! Please! Stop..." I begged as my thighs bled uncontrollably.

I was so embarrassed to beg a monster like him, but the pain was unbearable.

"Good girl. You see, we can look into each other's eye so easily!" he smirked happily.

"Who are you? Why have you kidnapped me? What did I do to you?"

He lowered his head to my eye level. "You did nothing. I don't intend to kill you, just... make you suffer a little..."

He said and made his way towards the exit.

I would really prefer him killing me to torturing me right now. I couldn't feel my legs due to the pain.

I am horrified to death of what is going to happen to me. And I don't even know the reason why!

"Oh!" he murmured. "And, as far as my name is concerned... For now, you can call me Criminal", he echoed through the room and closed the door behind him.

Wait.

He is the Criminal? Like- THE Criminal?

I was kidnapped by the Criminal?

Shit.

I am in big trouble.