08 | not so easily

Jongin's P.O.V.

It's been one day and a half since Haeyoung was gone, I still can't report her missing and that's why I have gone crazy. I can't concentrate on my work, I can't sleep properly... and all this are quite obvious on my tired face.

Right now, I was trying to get some paperwork done, but it just didn't work out. Nothing could distract me. I tried to hold back my tears pointlessly. I don't care... I just wanna feel relieved, so I let it all out.

My cellphone rang. Ah, just what I needed! I wiped my tears off and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hello?"

No one replied. But I could still hear their breathing from the other line.

"Hello?", I repeated. "Who is it?"

"J-Jongin?" a familiar voice that was slightlty heard spoke hesitantly.

No... She can't be her...

"Haeyoung?"

"Jongin..." she murmured relieved and burst into tears. I cried too.

"Haeyoungie, are you okay? Where are you?"

"I- was kidnapped... I don't know where I am..."

I fucking knew it! If I ever get her kidnapper in my hands, I swear, I will cut their throat.

"Sweetheart, are you okay? Did they hurt you? Do you know who they are?"

She held back her sobs and spoke again: "I'm okay. Listen, Jongin. It is too hard for me to escape from him. Try to track this phone's signal. My kidnapper is- Ahh! Ah..."

Her voice was cut off sharply and she started yelling.

"Not so easily, honey..." I heard a deep male voice say.

"No! Haeyoung! No!"

The kidnapper ended the call and I was left there speechless, motionless.

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

"...My kidnapper is-"

I felt two strong hands wrapped around my neck. I gasped and yelled.

How the hell did Lucas got out from the locked bathroom?!

"Not so easily, honey..." he whispered to me, his breath tickling my ear and I got chills down my spine.

This intimidating voice that.always scared me... It's not Lucas, it's the Criminal!

Now, I'm double scared. The phone slipped from my hands and fell on the floor. I heard my brother screaming through the phone that made me cry harder. The Criminal stepped on the phone and broke it cutting that only connection with my brother. He then bended down, drugging me down with him, and removed the phone's card.

"What did you try to do, huh? Where's Lucas?" he turned to me.

"I can't... answer..." I struggled.

He let go and I kicked him on the soft spot causing both him and my leg hurt. He folded his body and I attempted running as fast as possible. However, he caught my leg and drugged me to him, causing my body to fell on the floor.