On The Job

At his show, Comedy Chimp tells his audience, Team Sonic among them, that he contacted to give them all TVs, but they declined, so he was forced to hide a prize under one of their seats. They all look under, but it is Knuckles who finds the prize—a lamp (though he initially thinks it is a decoy until Sonic convinces him). The team leaves the studio with Knuckles wanting to take the "lamp party" someplace else, but the others decide to go home to get some sleep, leaving Knuckles alone. Knuckles decides that maybe he should have his own home so he can have a place to put his lamp. T.W Breaker overhears this and tells Knuckles that he is a real-estate agent that can find him a house, with Knuckles accepting his offer. The two enter Barker's house, but Knuckles quickly notices the place is incredibly run-down with a large hole in the roof. Despite this, Barker manages to convince him by stating his love of nature. Knuckles signs Barker's contract, and the dog leaves soon after; now the owner of the house, Knuckles plugs his lamp in, only for it not to work.

The next day, Knuckles calls the rest of Team Sonic over to help him figure out what is wrong with his lamp; Tails tells him he needs to pay the electric bill (though Amy notes the place looks better without lights). Knuckles decides to look for a job, first with Fastidious Beaver at the library (despite his inability to read), then with the Male Fennec at his store, where Knuckles attempts to pack too many things into a single box and ends up making a mess. He begins to clean it up, but Diane Aadvark passes by and praises it as art, inviting him to work at her ad agency; he accepts the offer.

When Scourge overhears this he decided to get a job.

He worked at Dairy Queen.

Scourge was in the job interview but he had to bring Melissa with him because she can't be alone.

His boss hired him.

Scourge was nervous it was his first day he had to make money and give it to Knuckles so he can buy a house.

He did a soft serve ice cream.

"Ok nice and steady."

"Hey Scourge can I see you in my office."

"What did I do?"

"Ha just kidding I got you." Melissa laughed.

"Melissa that is not funny this is serious business I don't want you fooling and stop putting ice cream in your mouth."

Over the next few days Scourge and Melissa were working hard.

Scourge didn't like it when Melissa is fooling around.

She sprayed Scourge with chocolate syrup.

"Grr!"

He give Knuckles money from his work.

Then Sticks threw her milkshake at Scourge in the window.

"Fire in the hole!" she said.

Scourge was a mess.

Melissa did a burn hand prank on him.

"Oh god Melissa did you hurt your hand."

"Got ya that was a hand skeleton toy."

Scourge repeatedly slammed his head on the wall.

Over the next few days, Knuckles works hard at both of his jobs, upset over missing out on fighting Eggman with the others and completely exhausted as Barker and his Stunt Bears steal his money. His friends soon take notice and, following Amy's advice, decides to quit his job at Meh Burger, but he notices Barker and his Stunt Bears threatening him in the background and decides to secretly go back on his word. Later, at the ad agency, Diane decides that they should all go out to celebrate their recent successes, but Knuckles declines, saying he has plans. As he leaves for Meh Burger, Eggman passes by in his eggmobile, daring Sonic to catch him; his friends arrive and are happy he is off work, as they are in the middle of another battle. Knuckles lies and states that is indeed the case, but is soon forced to go to Meh Burger in the midst of the fight, where he is chided by Dave for being late. While working there, he soon notices to his shock that Diane, Gunther, and Pierre have arrived, Meh Burger being the place where they decided to go to celebrate.

Knuckles is soon forced to keep up all three of his jobs at once, switching between not wearing clothes and his Meh Burger shirt constantly while assisting Team Sonic with Eggman's robots, showing off for the ad agency, and cleaning up and making food for Meh Burger. He eventually gets mixed up, giving Eggman the fries meant for his co-workers at the ad agency (with the evil scientist complaining about a lack of ketchup before Sonic knocks him away) and tossing Gunther into a cup display, mistaking him for Eggman. Diane becomes upset over Knuckles attacking Gunther, and Dave becomes upset over tossing him into the cup display and assaulting a customer (though he does not make as big a deal out of the latter). Despite Knuckles' apology, the two simultaneously fire him on the spot.

Triple Threat asked Scourge how was his job but Scourge didn't want to talk about it.

"Least I didn't have to hear the words you're fired."

"Yeah we got fired from our job." said Melissa.

"Bad news Knuckles can't keep the house I guess his lamp is going to be at Tails' workshop." said Mana.

Later, Knuckles has relocated his lamp to the workshop, where he tells it good night before turning it off and going to sleep.

Scourge and Melissa had spend the night with Knuckles.