Trip To New York

The Sparkle Family were going on a vacation to New York.

Melissa invited her friends to go with her.

Her parents says it's okay to have friends with her.

They took a plane to New York they looked out the window they can see buildings and statue of liberty.

When they got the suitcases from the airport getting a taxi was a chore.

"Taxi!" Sonic called out.

It didn't stop.

"I wonder why the taxi won't stop."

"Just leave it to me."

Melissa jumped in front of the taxi yelling taxi.

"Melissa are you insane you could been killed." said her mother name Kimberly.

"I have seen this part of the movie The Great Muppet Caper it's so funny."

"Scourge did you encourage Melissa to do this stunt."

"No."

Kimberly told the taxi driver to take them to the hotel.

Once they arrived at the hotel they got checked in and got in the hotel room.

Later in the evening they went out to eat in the restaurant called Tom's restaurant.

They had a good meal.

The next morning they call William to pick them up at the hotel to go on a full tour of New York City.

They stopped to look at the Brooklyn Bridge.

It was one of the most beautiful bridge in the world.

They went to the Empire State Building to look at the view.

"Wow this is bigger then the Eiffel Tower." 

Sheldon explains that the Statue was a gift to America from France and is there to welcome immigrants and travelers to the United States.

They ride a horse carriage through Central Park.

They browse the most exquisite stores on Fifth Avenue, take in a play on Broadway and get corn on the cob for lunch in Times Square.

Everyone finally embarks on Melissa's request to see a game of baseball. They head uptown to the Bronx to the legendary Yankee Stadium to attend the first game of the year. The Yankees have a tough game and are down by the Ninth Inning. Melissa's got faith in the final batter, who hits a home run...only for the ball to come straight at Amy! Melissa jumps and catches the ball and the whole stadium cheers at the Yankees victory.

"Hooray for Melissa!" everyone cheered.

"The best of all the Yankees got a home run."

As they leave the stadium, William informs Melissa that a local millionaire is giving a prize away to the person who caught the first home run of the season. They head back downtown to meet the millionaire, who in fact owns the Brooklyn Bridge and is gifting it to Melissa! This comes as a shock obviously as Melissa has no idea what she'll do with a bridge. The millionaire seems very eager to give it away and leaves soon after handing her the deed. her friends assume owning the property will have a lot of benefits so they retire to their hotel for the night.

A few blocks away at City Hall Mayor Pauline is listening to the news of the day as a rainstorm moves in. She's quite surprised to hear that the millionaire has gifted a major transportation link in the City to a little Pichu girl. she immediately suspects the move was to wash her hands of the numerous back taxes he owes on the property. Meanwhile, at the hotel, Sonic and friends are about to kick back and have dinner after a long day, but the phone starts ringing off the hook. It turns out managing the Brooklyn Bridge comes with a lot of complications. Melissa is quickly made exhausted.

They then hear on the radio that a concession truck has spilled its contents all over the bridge's roadway. Melissa despairs and Scourge suggests they go down and see what they can do. They head to the bridge and encounter utter chaos as cars are blocked from moving ahead. Hundreds of motorists are very frustrated by the delay and begin blaming Melissa for the problem. Sonic and friends desperately try and clear the bridge, but there's a mountain of spoiled food in the way. Vengeance tells the motorists to give Melissa a break as she's too young to handle this problem.

Suddenly Mayor Pauline arrives on the scene. She's very well liked by the motorists and verbally defends Melissa as a fellow Yankee fan. Melissa admits she doesn't quite have the skills to manage the Brooklyn Bridge, so she decides to gift it to New York City. The Mayor accepts and rewards Melissa with more tickets for the next Yankee game.

The next morning the mess at the bridge has been cleaned up as New York has far more resources to keep the streets clear. At the ballgame, Melissa is given the opportunity to be the bat girl for the Yankees. She wishes the players good luck. As the game gets underway the Yankee fans get very agitated as the stadium has no food, it was all wasted on the bridge. Luckily the Mayor thought ahead and commissioned Triple Threat and Team Sonic to bring French fries to the stadium. The New York fans absolutely love the foreign treat. The Mayor is so grateful for the Triple Threat's and Team Sonic's efforts that he commissions a parade for them and briefly renames Madison Avenue Melissa Avenue.

The next day it's time for the class to depart the U.S. They board a plane back to bygone island, waving goodbye to New York City as they leave. It heads to the statue of Liberty who winks at her.