Hand Comparison

A/n: +3K READS?? OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! HERE'S SOME FLUFF

You and Loki were all alone (like usual) as the rest of the Avengers did whatever. They all had families or other duties to take care of while Loki was on house arrest and you didn't really have anyone besides the team.

You were laying comfortably on top of the God of Mischief's chest as he held and read a book to you. His voice was smooth and silky, like melted butter on biscuit bread. You giggled softly everytime he talked for the rumble in his chest was a ticklish feeling.

You played with strands of his gorgeous black locks, braiding the ends. You weren't sure what story he was reading or what he was saying because you were more focused on his being more than his words. A sudden urge to touch his nose fled to your fingers and you didn't stop it. You looked up and smiled, giving him a moment to look at you weird.

"Boop," You giggled again, pressing the tip of his nose with your pointer finger. Loki's nose scrunched cutesy at you couldn't help but let out a small 'aww.'

"What was that for, dove?" He chuckled, pushing your hair out of your face. You shrugged, gazing into his beautiful emeralds eyes.

"Dunno. Lack of impulse control, I guess." He nodded and a small smirk appeared on his lips. Your eyes widened as you realized what he was about to do. "Wait, don't-!"

You tried moving away but he held you firmly and began tickling you. You shrieked, laughing as he got to your sensitive spots. You flinched this way and that in an attempt of escaping. There was no way you could leave.

"Loki!!!" You chortled, trying to swat him away. He finally stopped and sat back on his heels, laughing.

You were still laughing and trying to get your breath back. With a final wheeze, you manged to slow your breathing. Propping yourself up on your elbows, you glared up at Loki, playfully.

"Mm, darling, you look ravishing underneath me," He chuckled. He flipped you both over so you were beneath him!

"Not fair! I was being distracted!" You pouted.

"Sorry love, lack of impulse control." He smirked. You wanted to smack that smile right off his face if he didn't look so damm cute with it!

"I only booped you!" You whined. "You didn't have to attack me!" You pressed the back of your hand to your forehead, pretending to be hurt.

Instead of playing along like you hoped, Loki grabbed your arm and pulled you up. You let out a small yelp at the sudden action. You sat upright, facing him as he smiled.

You stared into his eyes once more. They were so easy to get lost in. Every shimmer, every shade of green had a story to tell and his eyes were the best storytellers. You snapped out of you Loki eye daze when he brought your hand up.

"You have such tiny hands.." He whispered, pressing his palm against yours.

He was right. You did have smaller hands than most people and being compared to his giant hands, yours looked like child's.

"Yours are really cold," You whisper back, intertwining your fingers with his. But he didn't join.

Loki leaned back ever so slightly and stiffly. He looked at you with a weary expression. His smile was gone.

You were afraid you might've ruined the moment but he slowly squeezed your hand back.

"It's not bothering you, is it?"

"You could never bother me, Loki." You smiled. "I will always love you no matter what, okay? If it take me shouting it from the rooftops for all nine realms to hear or fighting Surtur himself just to prove it, then so be it."

Loki laughed breathlessly and held your hand tighter. "I am quite lucky, aren't I? They're aren't many beings willing to face such a beast, much less for me."

"Good, I plan on taking him down alone,"

"I would never let you," He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'd kill him before he had the chance to even touch you!"

"Is that a challenge, ice boy?" You growled, you loved a good competition. Loki shook his head rapidly.

"No, we are not going down there!" He protested and pulled you into his chest, giving you a tight hug.

"I can take him! Just grab a fire hose and we're done!" You smirked, throwing a few fake punches. Loki held you tighter.

"No."

"But-"

"No. End of discussion."

"But think about it, Lokes! I could be your super cool badass girlfriend who single-handedly destroyed the almighty Surtur and I lost an arm during the battle so I get a super dope robot arm!"

"But I like your hands just the way they are," He reasoned, playing with your fingers.

"You just said I had tiny hands?"

"I never said I disliked them." For emphasis, he kissed your knuckles. "Besides, you don't need a title to make you impressive. You're worthy enough just the way you are, my love."

You turned around in his arms, pressing a kiss to his forehead. You keep your hand wrapped around his and curled up against him.

"I love you." You hummed, snuggling closer to Loki.

"As do I, my dear. I love you."