Headache

A/n: I'm in misery so I made a fic to comfort myself and have found some comfort in an old show I used to watch. If there's spelling/grammar mistakes, my bad

Enjoy <3
______

Whatever cruel game fate played, it managed to roll two skulls when it came to you. Most often than not, you managed to end up with the short side of the stick - meaning everyone around you lived life while you were stuck with something. 

Allergies, lack of sleep, toothache, rolled ankle, name any minor injury that managed to ruin your day anyways and you could guarantee you've had it before - at least twice. 

Today, it was a headache. A godforsaken headache. From what? At this point, you would accept any answer as long as it meant you were cured. But alas, headaches aren't doctor appointment worthy but a pain enough to keep you on the down low. 

Every move or even a sneeze sent your brain sloshing around your skull. It felt like your brain rammed into things you weren't even aware lived inside your head. Imagine reusable ice cubes that were mostly melted by now in a glass of warm punch, every time you so much as lifted a finger, the plastic ice cube of a brain slushed around. It. Hurt

Every bright light, sound that was louder than a cat jumping off a counter and sudden movement made your head throb. It felt like your head just kept pounding! 

Thunk bedunk befwompf bonk 

Luckily, no one was around today since they didn't have to be. Some went to see friends or family, you were pretty sure Nat was on a mission and Tony owed Pepper a day just for her. Thor went with Bruce somewhere and Clint, like stated before, was with his family. 

Leaving you completely alone, without any loud noise or chaos. Which also meant you could keep the lights off!

You sighed gratefully into your mug, smiling as the hot steam from your tea tickled your sore eyes. Taking a long, slow and soothing sip, you could feel the upcoming sore throat disappear thanks to the sweet leaf juice. 

You huffed at yourself with a small smile. 'Leaf juice.' If only your brain could handle watching TV, you wouldn't mind watching Avatar: The last Airbender. Or something comforting from your childhood. Anything that wasn't bright and loud... yeah, you weren't going to find a show for kids like that. 

Hold on, a memory from the depths if your childhood has surfaced! You gasped with delight. 

"Kipper!" You giggled gleefully, reaching for the remote before wincing. Not only did the fast movement make your head swim but the lights turned on. 

Rubbing your temples, you looked up and found Loki in a green robe that reached her ankles, standing in the doorway. She seemed as shocked as you. 

"I thought everyone was gone?" She pouted, snapping her fingers so she was properly dressed. Her green wrap up switched into a soft green sweater and fashionable black pants. 

"As beautiful as that outfit is, don't let me stop you from wearing a robe." You gave her an apologetic smile, leaning back into the couch with a groan. The goddess quickly noticed your distress. 

"You look pale, what's going on?" She swiftly made her way over and knelt in front of you. She tipped your chin up to get a better look at your apparently pale self. Her eyebrows were knit together tightly with concern in her jewel like eyes. 

"Turn the lights back off, please." You whined and placed two fingers on your temple, gripping your tea with your free hand. With a whish, the lights were dimmed once more. "Thanks." 

"Darling, what has gotten you so..." She paused, pressing her lips together in search for the right word. She didn't want to say ill because you weren't that sick but you sure weren't well. "You look to be in pain," 

"Nasty headache," You whined, leaning into her gentle caress. "Hurts so much, I'm feeling nauseous." 

"What tea is this?" She nodded to your mug. You didn't really have an answer since she figured it out herself. She hummed approvingly and moved to sit besides you. "What can I do?" 

"Are you comfortable with cuddling?" Loki scoffed, nodding a tad reluctantly. "Good, that and silence will help." 

Loki took your mug away and placed it on the coffee table while you snuggled into her side. She snagged the remote before you moved to lay on top of her. You both readjusted until comfort was the only thing you felt - along with her muffled heartbeat underneath her shirt and skin. 

The goddess patted your head, gently massaging your scalp. Her other hand fell to rest on your lower back as you snuggled even closer. 

"Do you mind if I watch something?" She whispered against your hair. 

"Put on Kipper the dog," You smiled into her chest. "Please?" 

"Never heard of it but if that's what you want," Loki chuckled, the vibrations passing through her chest and lightly shaking your head. When she found it, she let it play with an amused smirk. 

You turned to rest your cheek on her shoulder so you could watch the old calming cartoon. You couldn't help but steal a glance at Loki, who was apparently staring right back. 

"Hey, I like it okay?" 

"I didn't say anything," She laughed at your pouts. "Rest your eyes, y/n. It'll soothe your aching head." Her hand ran through your hair. "I'm not leaving... Kipper and I will be right here when you wake." Loki bit back another laugh. 

"Thanks, Loki." You muttered, already feeling lulled to sleep. Once the babysitting goddess was sure you were asleep, she began dozing off herself. 

The last thing any of the Avengers expected was coming home to the compound and finding the Goddess of Mischief sleeping soundly with you snug in her arms.