Part 4

A/n:

"I'm sorry," The doctor mumbled, taking the clipboard back. Your mind snapped, pure rage shaking your entire body. Tears burned down your face as you grit your teeth, holding back every scream you felt build in the back of your throat. "Wrong clipboard, he's fine."

"What?!" The reader screamed out, feeling their broken heart being betrayed. They repeated the words, quietly this time, wondering why I'm writing about them not 'you.'

Lol Loki'd! That's not the real story but I wanted to add it in anyways, for fun! The real story... is honestly a mess. I'm sure there's a loophole in this but please don't get upset, I wasn't even planning on making a part 2, much less a part four. And it has a bunch of time skips because the fillers didn't make much sense, but now it seems rushed but it's also almost 6,100 words (excluding this a/n) so.... idk man.

But this is the last chapter of this unnamed story. Please.

Warning: death, ptsd, panic attacks, stong language, gore (ish), mentions of abuse (idk if that's the right wording), mentions of alcohol and I think... I hope that's it.

Enjoy <3
_________

"LOKI!" You shrieked, shooting upright, panting heavily and sweating. It took you a few rapid breaths to realize you were in your room, not the hospital. With a shrill cry, you dropped your head into your hands, shoulders heaving in sorrow. 

"Darling?" You shot up once more at the familiar voice. "Why are you crying?" 

Loki sat in your window sill, eyebrows knit with worry. You stared in disbelief. Rushing to get your covers off of you, you ran towards him. He disaster and stood on the balcony instead. 

You threw yourself out the window and onto the balcony, reaching out for Loki desperately. He moved like magic, ending up on the railing with a wide smile. 

"Come on, darling!" He held out his hand, one foot almost sliding off the thin metal. Foolishly, you grabbed at his hand, scrambling to get up next to him. 

You were stopped by rough hands pulling your shoulders down. 

"Y/n!" Sam shook you until you turned to face him. "What the hell were you thinking?!" 

"I was just trying to hold Loki," You looked back over your shoulder and immediately started crying. 

"Y/n, this is the third time this week..." He gently led you back inside, locking the window tightly behind him. "I know everyone heals at their own pace but.... it's been 10 months... maybe you should-" 

"I'm not getting help." You swallowed thickly, stomping over to your wardrobe. 

"I think it would be good for you," He watched you tear through your closet. "And there's nothing to be ashamed of, we could ask Bucky's therapist if there's any who could help you." 

You yanked Loki's cape out of its small and secure box. You held it tightly as you made your way over to your bed, flipping down with a pained sigh. It was losing his scent... 

"I'm fine, Sam. I'm just sleepwalking, that's all." He sighed, shaking his head. 

"I can't help-" 

"I don't want your help!" You snapped, your chest rising and falling quickly. 

He nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets. "...goodnight, Y/n." He left. 

He was right. Loki wasn't necessarily gone, but he was barely there. When the doctor told you he was gone, something... weird happened. 

Your rage and tears were put aside when a giant wave of green shot through the medbay, knocking almost everyone and everything to the floor. And then a code blue was called into his room. How could a dead person have a code blue? The best assumption anyone could come up with was that it was Loki's last attempt at staying alive.