🖤🤍THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA🤍🖤

A/n: you know I had to do it to 'em, Mr. Stark.

You hummed softly as your comb brushed through your hair. Your reflection did they same, copying every movement as it should. As you brushed, thoughts of that man who wore a mask cluttered your mind. Every night, he was there in your dreams, singing something you never had the pleasure of knowing.

He always slipped through your fingers, waking you up as you neared. You never saw much besides his dramatic Victorian suit and cape, with that mask, covering only half his face. He was only a silhouette in the moonlight. The distant tune of your mind.

No matter how you tried, the song only stayed a quiet humming. A humming you always thought of.

You were dragged from your thoughts as the mirror started to glow ever so slightly. You leaned in, not understanding why your reflection was rippling. And then you heard it.

The same tune the man in your mind always sang!

But it was louder. It was like he was walking towards you, singing. For a moment, he appeared.

Hus green eyes bore into your own eyes, reaching all the way down to your soul. His gorgeous raven hair was slicked back, his outfit complementing his structured body.

A soft yet incredibly wicked smile graced his lips as he offered a gloved hand. Knowing that this was no more than your own wild imagination, you reached for it. Just like you expected, your fingers hit the glass of the mirror. You sighed, retreating back.

But a very cold, a very real hand caught your wrist.

"Come to me: my angel of music." You gasped, standing up from your little rug. His smile grew as he lightly tugged on your arm. Your mouth hung agape and you nodded, following him into the mirror.

Instead of smacking your nose against glass, you seamlessly stepped through the mirror. It was slightly disorienting but with a light wave of his hand, your vision cleared.

"You remember our song." His silky voice sent lovely chills throughout your body. It sounded like it should've been a question but he said it so confidently. Though you were aware that you knew nothing he spoke of, you nodded once more.

"Then sing," He smiled and began to lead you through a dark hall. The statues that hide in the walls held up torches as you passed.

Usually, this would've terrified you but he made it so..... complicatedly comfortable.

You followed without resistance, his soft gloved hand holding yours as he lead you through this labyrinth. Your mouth open on it's own accord and you began to sing something you've only ever heard as a whisper.

"In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
And speaks my name"

How were you doing this? You were certain this song was never played on any station you heard of! Yet, somehow, you knew every word.

He only ever looked away to make sure the path ahead was safe. Otherwise his eyes were on you the whole time. As you turned the corner to continue your journey down a staircase, the masked man accepted a torch a statue offered him.

"And do I dream again
For now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind"

Woah, you had no idea you could you could sing that well, or even hit that note! The man of your dreams lead you down the staircase with elegance.

The tunnels widened as the stairs lessened. A horse, a beautiful  horse, stood patiently at the end of the way. He helped you on the gorgeous beast with steady and firm hands. His hand lingered on your thigh before he went off to the reins.

"Sing once again with me
Our strange duet"  You could've fainted. Passed out. Right then and there. The voice you chased night after night, the faded voice that drove you crazy each time you awoke, was clear as day.

And goddamm, was it sexy.

"My power over you
Grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me
To glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your mind"

The Phantom lead you with care to a large, curved opening that lead to a moat. The green water surrounded pillar after pillar. It look disgusting but oh so romantic. The candles, the small boat, it was all amazing.

He helped you hop off the horse with those same steady and firm yet soft gloved hands. Your feet slid to the floor and his hands rested delicately on your waist. He turned them so the top of his hands could trail up your torso. They slid up to your shoulders, resting there for a moment before making their way down to your hands.

He began to lead you again, towards the edge of the dock, and hopped into the boat with such grace, it was ungodly. He offered his hand and you took it without a doubt. Carefully, the dark man helped you into the boat and waited until you were comfortable before he pushed off the dock.

For a brief second, you wondered, isn't this dangerous?

You opened your mouth to ask him what exactly was happening but only song came out.

"Those who have seen your face
Draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear"

You swallowed, taking head of the somehow familiar words.

"It's me they hear"

Every previous thought and worry melted away at the mercy of his soothing, melodic voice.

"My spirit and my voice in one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind"

"He's there, The Phantom of the Opera"

"Sing! My angel of music!" He demanded as he continued rowing. And without much option, you obliged.

"He's there
The Phantom of the Opera"

"Sing!"

You hit and held notes you weren't aware existed. Not in your vocal range at least.

"Sing! My angel, sing!"

Miraculously, you did it again. And higher!

"Sing for me!"

You stumbled onto your knees, gasping. Your hair was blocking your view until you flipped it back. You screamed as a rat- correction: rats- ran too close to you for comfort. They scurried away as you scooted over and rested against the wall.

"What?" You panted out, looking around, completely lost. The romantic scenery and candles were replaced by sewer water and cobwebs.

"Until we meet again," His voice echoed throughout the tunnels, a smirk obvious in his tone. "Goodnight, my angel of music."