Mission Failed

A/n: i told myself this was gonna be a shorter story
....
It's not
Anyway I'm just gonna put a trigger warning just incase, its not bad I swear, just incase tho. Okay bye.

The mission was simple. Get in, download the data, get out. You did exactly that. Get in, download the data, then almost made it out. If it weren't for Loki, you would've made it through the door undetected, but no. He had to make this difficult.

You both sat across from each other in the enemies prison cell. Both of you close to killing the other.

"I hate you" You spat out, titling your head to rest against the wall.

"Good to know the feelings mutual" Loki hissed back, standing with his arms crossed. His gaze was fixated on something outside the cell.

Typical, probably acting like the hero in his own head

"Can I ask just one question?" You asked, getting frustrated the more you thought about what happened. The trickster didn't respond.

"Why the fuck did you do that?!" Your voice came out louder than expected but honestly, you didn't care.

"We would've died if I didn't!" He scowled back, snapping his head towards you.

"How?!"

"We would've DROWNED!"

What had happened was on your way out, someone stepped on the wrong spot. The room started rapidly filling with water and no matter how loud you tried to sing, your hair wouldn't glow.

That dumbass of a partner you had wouldn't shape-shift into a shark or any type of sea creature you constantly suggested. He wouldn't even try teleporting. Instead, the God slammed the emergency button, signaling the ENEMIES  to come save you. Huzzah....

The room was drained and when the hydra agents found you, You and Loki were shoved into this prison cell, soaking wet.

"You could've teleported, turned into a shark, a goddamm fish!" You counted the possibilities on your fingers, proving to him, he had so many options "Anything but signaling that we were there!

"How many times do I have to explain it to you!? Ever since we've gotten here, my powers have been haywire! Do you not remember what happened when we got here?"

"Oh HAHA that was on purpose and you know it!"

Loki gritted his teeth, his last nerve about to break. You felt the same, placing a hand on you gun holster. He held his dagger, aiming for your head, then took a deep breath and put it back.

"This is useless, you're not worth my time"

You rolled your eyes and headed to the cell door, pulling out your emergency lock picking kit. You picked up the lock after making sure no guards were around.

It was heavy and well-made. It was going to be a challenge. Good thing you liked being challenged.

"What are you doing now?" Loki asked, obviously still angry.

"Doing something you can't, getting us out of here" You sassed back. His footsteps got closer to you and he knelt down beside you.

"Its laced with magic, you're going to hurt yourself"

"Oh good, another thing you can't do"

He pulled your wrist back, and you tugged your hand free, placing all your attention back on the lock.

"Why won't you listen to me, pathetic Midgardian!" He snapped, knowing full well what would happened if you continued.

"Shut up failed magic show and let the real Houdini get us out of here!" You snapped back, still fiddling with the lock. You could feel you were close to unlocking it.