Princess

A/n: Do I have tons of homework that needs to be completed by Friday? Yes.
Do I have 4 finals I need to study for? Yes.
Do I do said studying? No
And why aren't I doing it? Bc I wanna write Loki fanfics
It's called self care, luv 😌💅

Shh! Shh!" You tried shushing the giggly boy next to you as you both hid. You couldn't help it either, you were giddy from escaping the palace at such a late time. No one even noticed!

"Okay, okay" Little Loki giggled. "Did you bring the cloth?" You nod, revealing a small handkerchief you had quit together yourself. "Woah! That's super cool!"

You smiled proudly.

He pulled out the golden knife from it's sheath. You dropped your jaw as he showed it to you.

"That's the cer-nime-nimal dagger!"

"It's ceremonial, y/n" The little boy corrected as you stared in awe. You placed the cloth down, the knife landing on top of it.

You hiked up your skirt, revealing your thigh. Loki rolled up his pant leg up to his thigh as well.

"Ready?" He asked, picking the dagger back up.

"Loki, I'm scared.."

"Don't be! You're always safe with me, princess! I promise!" He sat up straight, making an x over his chest with his finger.

You giggled at the nickname. "Okay, now I'm ready!"

Within an hour, you both had each other's initials on your thighs. Loki squeezed his eyes shut, focusing on the healing spell his mother had taught him. A minute passed and so did the pain. The scar healing over perfectly, leaving just a dark "L" on your leg. He did the same with his.

"By this blood oath, we promise to be at each other's side no matter what!" You both cheered. "Forever and Always!"

That was 12 years ago (in human time). You were both around 8 at the time. Actually, you were 7, 10 months and 24 days old but it saved time by saying you both were the same age.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, holding your dress up enough to see his initial carved into your thigh. That was the promise, to stay by each other's side. Now, you couldn't feel more apart.

You barely heard from Loki, much less saw him. When you did, nothing would happen. Maybe a small wave or a flash of a smile but nothing else. As time passed, Loki became different.

He flirted with anyone and everyone willing to listen to his charming words. He'd lead them on and on and when finally, when his plaything asked if there was anything real between them, that they 'wanted to go to the next level'. Loki would always say the same.

"Who are you?" That sentence broke many hearts and his icy gaze never helped either. Eventually,the palace guards would take them away and he would continue whatever it was that he did.

The prince never flirted with you, not even jokingly. He barely said hi so you didn't expect much. But you desperately wanted him to. You had fallen for him terribly hard but you knew the feeling would never be returned.

Even if Loki did play with your emotions, he couldn't drop you like he did with the others. If he asked who you were, it was sure Frigga would send for a doctor. You thought that- You knew that was the only reason he didn't mess with you. Just to keep his parents off his back.

So, there you found yourself, staring at his initial, silently crying. Loki didn't care about you. He never hung out with you anymore, always using the excuse "I'm busy" even though it was clear he wasn't. You didn't bother anymore, you knew when you weren't needed.