Comforting

Are you kidding! WE'RE PAST 10K? ALREADY? This is... give me a second -SCREAMS INTO PILLOW-
Okay, wow thank you, I think in a few days, I'll have the 10k special up but for now

A request by @EmmaPaigeMaurer2 hope you enjoy it!! (Sorry it took me so long!)

Warning: mild language, implied depressive episode, slightly graphic imagery
__________

You dragged your feet along the carpet, feeling like the world fell upon your shoulders, the weight too much for a mere mortal. When you reached the living room, you sighed and let your body fall forward onto the soft cushions of the couch. With another groan, you twisted and turned so that you were in a more comfortable position.

The TV remote was too far to reach so you laid there in misery. A quick glance at your phone made it worse as you found out it was three in the morning. Your mind raced a mile a minute, thinking of anything and everything. You let a small cry leave your lips as you fought yourself, trying to stop the negative thoughts.

"Y/n?" You sat up, panting, at the sudden noise. Though you looked everywhere, you couldn't find the source of the quiet voice. Perhaps you imagined it.

You flopped back as your thoughts changed, convincing you that you had gone crazy. You physically shook your head, silently pleading for the voices to shut up. But they were relentless. No matter how hard you tugged at your hair or shook your head, the thoughts wouldn't stop.

"My love," Loki knelt besides you, seemingly coming from nowhere. You would've jumped but his soft voice and his touch was even more so that his sudden presence wasn't startling. "What has caused you so much pain?"

You turned towards him, holding his wrist as he stroked your tears away with the pad of his thumb. You momentarily leaned into his touch before picking his hand off you. His concern for you grew in the dim lighting.

"I'll be okay, I promise." You lied, muttering. He kept his hands off you, wanting to respect your space but that didn't stop him from resting his palms near you.

"My dove, my light, please do not lie to me,"

The man could be slowly driving his daggers into your chest, he could be crushing your soul, plunge a harpoon through your head but you wouldn't care as long as he said those words.

You could be on the brink of death as he muttered those names to you and you would get right back up without a care in the world. Those little pet names he gave you could get you out of the worst pain of your life. As long as he meant it, they would always make your heart soar. The prince knew it, too. He smiled upon seeing your eyes light up at the endearment.

"Tell me, is it your heart?" Loki asked, lightly tapping your chest. You gave him a look of confusion. "Is it your mind that keeps you up? Your head that whispers lies to you? What is it, my sweet, that makes you feel so alone?"

"I.." You press his hand fully against your chest. "I don't know anymore."

Loki stood and you whimpered, grasping his wrist desperately. He hushed you softly, pushing your hair out of your face. You sat upright, ready to follow him to his room.

Like a viper, Loki swiftly maneuvered behind you, latched his strong and comforting arms around your waist and tugged you on top of him. You let out a quiet yelp as your back hit his firm chest.

"My darling," You sniffled and smiled at the name once more. "Would you like to discuss your troubles or would you prefer to be distracted?"

"What's the distraction?" You laid your head back in the crook of his cool neck.