A family of four - Lady Loki

A/n: look, Idk what came over me to write a family fic, I personally don't like the children and married life and stuff but today... I wanted to write it. This is actually more of genderfluid Loki so mentions of they/them and he/him pronouns will also be used!

Also also, forgive my lack of knowledge on Narfi and Váli, I tried doing some research on them - wasn't much and gave up bc its just a fanfic, it ain't that serious

Warnings: strong language... I'm pretty sure that's it

Enjoy <3
_____

It was impossible to ever get a day of silence, living with literal 8 year olds and possibly one in disguise as a 1000 year old. Today proved just that as your book reading was very thoroughly stopped as your wife came in your shared bedroom, screaming. 

"Y/N! Y/N Y/N Y/NNNN!!!" Loki shrieked, bursting through the door with your son in her arms he just peed on her or something. "NARFI IS DYING!!" 

"What?!" You shot out of bed, filled to the brim with worry. She shoved Narfi into your arms and tried not to break down. You sat him on the bed, tilting his head side to side to look for injury. The only issue you found was a bloody knee. "Uhm? Loki, it's just a scraped knee?" 

"I fell off my bike," Narfi sniffed, wiping at his eyes. You rested your hand on his reddened cheek with a soft sigh. 

"You okay? Anything else hurt or bleeding?" He shook his head. "That's my strong little boy," 

"Wait, SHIT WHERE'S VÁLI?!" You slammed your hands over his ears, glaring at Loki. 

"Language!" You held Narfi's head against your chest. Loki ran off, screaming for your other kid. "Your mother is insane, huh?" 

"I'm pretty sure she tripped my bike on purpose so she would have an excuse to keep the training wheels on," He giggled and let you pull him up to hold him. You moved him to your side before tugging on his nose playfully and made your way into the living room. 

You found your favorite overdramatic and too tensed woman kneeling in front of Váli.  

"Is he okay?" You moved past them, heading for the kitchen to patch up Narfi's knee. 

"I'm fine, mom," His voice was muffled by Loki's squeezing his face as she searched his head for any injuries. 

You nodded, placing your son on the kitchen counter and turned to the medical cabinet. His knee was easy to clean up, the dirt and dried blood wiped off fairly easy. Narfi kept his eyes shut but barely winced when you sprayed the antiseptic on. 

You kissed his forehead and grabbed the padding and gauze. Careful not to hurt him, you wrapped up his knee securely. You helped him off the table with one more delicate kiss to his head. 

"Are you feeling better?" 

"Kind of stings," He nodded and tried shaking out his leg. He could, just gently. 

"I know, but it should wear off really soon." You ruffled his hair, walking back into the living room. 

Loki sat on her knees, breathing unevenly as Váli seemed fine, going about the room with a box painted like a spaceship - a project Thor did with them last time he came to visit.

"Are you okay?" You chuckled lightly, helping your wife to her feet. She nodded and hugged you close. "I know you're nervous but they're two tough eight year old kids, a scraped knee or bruise isn't going to kill them." She sighed and nodded once more. 

You knew Loki trusted the boys with her life, she didn't trust what was around them. You were also aware that all this stress and worry was because it was what Odin never did. She wanted to be there for them in every way possible. Yes, it was beyond exhausting having to calm down three crying children but the experiences and memories, oh they were more than worth it.