Kissing Bombs

Jade

Jade

I stood against the wall sipping on my coffee, as I stare at Vinny and Franco train the new recruits; Leo and Jack.

I watch as Leo and Jack go toe to toe with Franco and Vinny. Each kid had their own secret talent and strength. Leo is more calculated the Jack. Even though Jack is as well, I can tell by how Leo anticipates Franco's moves. Jack however ha more controlled with his moves he knows how much force each hit needs to get his opponent down.

Just by looking at the two eight year olds, I know they're going to be little killers when they're older. It's instilled in them. Diandra is arches the four from outside the training ring. Her intense look never strayed from them. Every now and then she would shout out what moves the boys needs to hit harder.

It made me think of when she trained me and the girls. It wasn't fun nor a walk in the park. I was knocked out many times and broke many bones. But I'm thankful for those endless sleepless nights. I wouldn't be here today.

I glance back at the double doorway of the gym. Antonio stood in it talking on the phone. I'm assuming to one of his made men back at his home base.

His eyes lock to mine and I quickly avert my attention to the boys. The kiss last night was good. It made me feel something I haven't felt in years. It made me feel, and I haven't felt anything in years.

Every though it feels good it's scary to know he has that power over me. I promised myself I would never give a man power over me. Not anymore anyways. I haven't spoke to him since last night, after the kiss and me coming down from a high, I rushed out the room. I didn't want him to see me in such way; that would be giving him the power.

I already told him too much last night. I blame the alcohol. I'm just here to help him save his sister and kill Romano once and for all. After that we go our separate ways.

"Jade did you see my roundhouse kick!?" Jack shouts excitedly as he rushes my way.

"It was bad ass kid." I replied smirking down at the enthusiastic eight year old.

"I bet I can beat you Jade." Leo says smirking and its too creepy how much he looks like his dad.

"Don't set yourself up for failure, sport." I retort rolling my eyes.

"I beat dad!" He exclaims before gesturing to Franco.

"Your father is beginner level. Call me when you're at the final stages of your training." I say winking at him and Leo rolls his eyes before smirking.

"All I know is that when I get older I'm kicking your ass Donatello." Leo says as Jack smirks looking past me.

"I'm counting on you two to put up a good fight. I hate fighting weaklings." I hear Antonio voice from behind me and I stiffen.

My eyes glance at Diandra as she throws me a skeptical look. I shake my head and sip my coffee as I step away from the two kids threatening a man.

"I wouldn't even waste my time when we get older Jack. He'll be too old to even stand." Leo says and the two boys begin to laugh.