Check Mate

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Antonio looked through the binoculars at the building in front of him. He stands on a shorter building that stood on the left side of the taller building he's watching. Antonio watches the guarded palace in the sky like a hawk. Men were scattered all over watching any and everywhere.

"This man is too damn guarded. Who the hell is this guy?" A Sicario soldier asked aloud.

"He's the man with all the keys to the locks. He's Romano's consigliere." Antonio answers him as he watches a middle age man with sleeked back, gray hair walk out onto the terrace.

"I could honestly end his life right now." Vinny says into the ear piece and Jade rolls her eyes the same time as Antonio.

"Stand down trigger fingers. We need him alive to talk." Antonio explains.

Vinny rolls his eyes annoyed at not being able to use his new toy. The Russian Orsis T-5000 sniper rifle. It's his new prize possession and it's finally out the cage unable to shoot anything.

"Just let me know when I can start dropping people." Vinny replies to Antonio as he watches the fortress in the sky from a half built building.

Antonio doesn't say anything else as he begins to check on everything and everyone in position. The lights to the sky high home turned off. Indicating that their target was going to sleep right on time.

"Bungees ready on the right side?" He asked Franco in the earpiece.

"We're waiting on your call." Franco replies from the top of another the shorter building, that sits right to the guarded building in the sky.

"Jade?" Antonio asks, as he focuses his binoculars on where she is standing inside the building lobby.

"All I need is a word." Jade replies as she flips her hairs and falsely reads a magazine.

She looked beautiful in a way where she wasn't trying so hard. She was wearing black leggings a red bralette and matching leather jacket. She had on her favorite combat heels; the red bottoms with spikes on the toe. Her thick, midnight colored hair laid down her back in volumetric curls.

Antonio wanted to see her eyes. For some unknown reason he needed to see them. They gave him some type of surge and reassurance. Her eyes told stories that only he could decipher.

As an act of habit Jade glanced towards the window. Unknowingly her simple glance held Antonio's stare.

Antonio let's out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He nods his head getting back into business.

"We ready Pablo?" Antonio asks the Sicario soldier from earlier.

"Bungees is set for us." Pablo says as two other soldiers nod agreeing with him.