Runaway

Jade

Jade

"It's simple. I need you to find someone of value to me." Antonio Donatello replies and I narrow my eyes on him.

"And who might that be?" I ask poking the subject.

"My sister, Catalina Donatello. She's only sixteen years old. It's been four months since she was missing." He answers handing me a file to read.

"Have you checked your long list of enemies. You are the Boogeyman." Iris retorts while scanning the files with Scarlett and I.

"My enemies can't speak. They're all dead." Antonio answers flatly with no emotions and I can't help but smirk at his answer.

He is telling the truth. Antonio Donatello is also known as the Boogeyman. He doesn't let any victims live to tell the tale. Only reason we know of him is because he's not shy about his title. And the mafia world gossip like school girls at lunch.

"Well there has to be someone with a vendetta towards you. Someone who wants to see you suffer or hurt someone you clearly love." Scarlett comments going through the files.

The room became silent, causing all three of us to look at Antonio who is in deep thought.

"You do love your sister, right?" I ask for clarification.

"My sister is family. Bring her back home safely and you'll get your end of the deal." Antonio says before walking out with his brother.

"I once heard that the Boogeyman had two different color eyes. Well today I learned that rumors are still rumors." Scarlett comments shaking her head.

"That man gives me crazed vibes. Different eye colors or not, he had that certain look in his eyes. I should know I get that look after I carve someone's heart out." Iris thinks aloud.

"The sadistic look?" Scar asks and Iris nods humming.

"Crazy or not he maybe our only solid lead to Romano. We find his sister the best way we know how. We just need a list of his enemies, contacts, families he isn't friendly with, and anyone he has locked up around here." I say before standing.

"You believe he has a cell room?" Scarlett asks a hint of fear in her voice.

"They all have one." I answer coldly remembering the nights in the cell room at Romano's manor.

It took us about five hours to narrow down a list of suspects some are family members of Antonio's victims that were capable of kidnapping.

She was kidnapped. Sixteen year old girl stolen from her own bed at her catholic school. She was taken like me. I was in an orphanage. Some will say my life was already sad but they wouldn't know what it felt like to be taken in the middle of the night; scared for their life.

I shake the dark thoughts lurking around my mind away and stare at the board we created in front of us.

"Four people could have done this. Yet she could be anywhere. Think of it like this, if she was any girl she would be dead by now it's been, what? Four, Five months?" Iris rants out her frustration as I study everything about Catalina's case.

Her every day schedule, everyone she came in contact with before she went missing. It was ordinary for a girl in catholic school. She didn't really have much contact to the outside world. So how did her kidnappers get to her? Find her at that. How would they figure out the right moment to take her.

"She's not just anyone Iris. She's Catalina Donatello. The sister of the boogeyman, a family member with pure Donatello bloodline." I say thinking aloud before yanking a picture off the board of her school.

"Something's off. Everyday Catalina does the same thing, since her first day of that s all girl catholic school. Rules are strict there, and not too mention her brothers restricted anything that was related to the outside from her." I explain looking at Catalina's innocence; naivety displayed in a photo of her.

"She's sixteen. With shackles on her life. What does a sixteen year old girl want in life?" I ask Scarlett and Iris.

"Love, First love from a boy; a crush." Scarlett answers and I nod agreeing.

"So you're saying she ran away?" Iris asks and I shrug.

"I'm saying it's a possible lead we need to look into." I answer looking at the other photo of the all boys catholic school across the street from Catalina's school.

"We need to start there." I continue pointing at the photo.

"I love Sicily." Iris says in a sarcastic manner and I roll my eyes.

We hate Sicily; with a passion.

"Let's go tell nutcase then. The quicker we can find his sister; the quicker we can get back to our daily doings and shit." Iris says packing up some papers back into their files.

"We can't tell Antonio. At least not until we know why Catalina really left." Scarlett argues standing up quickly.

I continue to stare at Catalina's photo. A very much innocent young girl that was born into a vicious world, sharing the same last name as a man that is monstrous as they can get. she has no idea who she is or what she alone bares.

"She ran because she wanted to be with a boy. Case closed Scarlett. Quit digging." Iris argues and Scarlett huffs annoyed with Iris's lack of empathy.

That is probably the one thing and only feeling Scarlett still had after everything she's been through; empathy.

"Letty is right Iris." I speak up in their argument causing Iris to groan. She knows she's about to lose this argument.

"I so hate when you guys do this." She mutters shaking her head.

"She wanted to get away Iris. Put yourself in her shoes. Everything in her life has been dictated to the very second. That catholic school is basically a fancy prison. She ran because she was running from him. She ran away from Antonio." I explain and I can see the empathy in Iris cold eyes.

"So what do we do?" Scarlett asks sighing.

"We tell him that we have a lead. We give him a false location and information. He will provide the resources, and we will make a plan to get to that catholic school and find some real answers." I explain and they nod.

"But Antonio said he had already investigated the catholic school." Scarlett chimes in.

"That is his baby sister,; whatever he may found could be biased or looked over in denial." Iris replies and I nod agreeing.

"Catalina is a runaway for a reason. Now we have to figure out why and whom is she running from." Scarlett says and I stare at her photos once more.

"She was running from the Boogey Man."

AN: Sooo we are #69 in the feminism category! 🥳Which is good since the book is just now getting on course.‼️

What do you think? Did Catalina runaway or was she kidnapped?🤔

You guys think Antonio will find out about the girls little plan?👀

Comment❤️

Vote❤️

Share❤️