Always

Iris

Iris

I don't trust any of these men. I especially don't trust Alessio. He is the definition of bipolar. One minute he pointing a gun to my face the next he wants to play nice.

Last night

"Please. Please stop! No! Please!" I scream as he forces himself in me.

The feeling of arms yanking me to wave of warmth awakes me from my nightmare. I feel all my muscles relax as I clutch a cotton material in my hands.

"Iris open your eyes. You're safe." Alessio whispers in my ear.

My eyes fly open and I jolt away from him as if he was on fire. I push myself back to the headboard scanning my surroundings.

I'm still in his room. Instead it's full of darkness like before I went to sleep. His dim bedside table light is now on.

My eyes find his worried ones scanning me as if I'm hurt. I stare at his arms specifically the red and bloody scratches I left.

I must've scratched him when he was trying to wake me.

It happened to Jade and Scarlett many times.

"You're scratched up. They must hurt." I state staring at the scratch marks.

Alessio stares down at his arms and shrugs, "I'll be fine. I barely noticed them. Are you okay?"

Am I okay? Never.

"I'm fine. I thought you were taking the floor." I state nodding towards the floor.

We made an agreement that he would sleep on the floor and I take the bed. I would ratchet shoot myself in the neck, before I lay next to a man; a mafia man at that.

"I did. I just heard you scream and I thought something was wrong. You were having a nightmare." Alessio says sitting in the edge of the bed next to me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say crossing my arms.

"That's why I didn't ask." Alessio replies before giving me a small smirk.

"You're weird." I comment looking at him.

"And you're odd." Alessio says before grabbing my hand.

I nearly flinch away, but my body cannot deny the warmth his hand is radiating.

"Don't be afraid of the demons. I've seen you fight. You're way too strong for that." Alessio says to me softly and all I can do is nod before removing my hand from his hold.

He simply nods and head back to his pile of blankets on the floor. I nearly cringe at the sight of it, yet I ignore the voice in my head. It keeps telling me to ask him to lay with me. But that bitch is dumb if she think that will happen.