Calm Before The Storm

Scarlett

Scarlett

"Run the plan by me one more time."Antonio commands for the fifth time.

I give him an exasperated look, as Jade stares blankly at him, and Iris give him an icy glare.

"We told you already." Jade says calmly as she plays with her nails.

Which means she's annoyed as hell.

"Some shit isn't adding up." Antonio says as he leans back in his office chair.

"Maybe math isn't your strong suit." Jade shrugs nonchalantly still looking at her nails.

Antonio's eyes get darker staring down. Jade. His nose flares in anger as his jaw clench. I'm pretty sure he isn't used to people defying him or talking back at him. Well he hasn't met Jade, until now.

"Fuck it." He growls before standing up and walking around his desk to the center of his office.

He stares at us three for a short while. His eyes boring into each of our for a few seconds. His eyes linger on to Jades almost as if he gets lost in her eyes. Jade holds his intense stare with as much intensity.

"Boss, the plane is ready for take off. The pilot is on standby for your next call." A deep, masculine voice announces through the silence.

Velvet. It's like rubbing velvet between my fingers.

My eyes land on a messy style, brown hair man. If it wasn't his American accented voice that gained my attention, it sure as hell would of been his body. It's not his muscular and large physic, it's the tattoos.

Tattoos litter his body. I don't think I see an ounce of skin— besides his face—that isn't covered by ink. I don't think I even know where to start on pinpointing or analyzing any tattoo on him.

"Ladies, I would like for you to meet Zero. Like my brother, Alessio, he holds second in command power. He is like my left hand guy as my brother is my right. He is my Command of Combat; he trains the men here." Antonio explains as he introduces Zero.

"Well he needs to up his game. We took out nearly half of that team you sent to come get us." Iris smirks boastfully.

It is true though. I don't know who they sent for us. If he is supposed to be one of the most feared man in the crime world, why have low rank fighting men on your side?

"They were new breeds. First mission," Zero speaks up, "Some new breed tend to forget about every single thing they learned in training. That's how they die. You forget around here, then you die. That means for the family code and combat skills. Trust me I'm the best trained assassin here that you'll ever com across. My work goes unnoticed." Zero explains as his face and eyes is void of an emotions. Yet I can see the corner of his plumped lips tilt into a smirk.

"I already seen the best trained assassin," Iris smirks widens, "I stare at her in the mirror daily."

"Well we will see. After all I'm going to be assisting you on this mission you planned." Zero replies and Jades head snaps up as she zones back into the conversation.