Fight Back

Jade

Jade

I lead the way down the secret dark hallway, as Scarlett and Iris follow close behind. I stay quiet watching out for any surprises. The lights flash red as the alarm a still blare through the building.

Hearing the sound of crying I stop suddenly, putting my hand up to signal Iris and Scar. Slowly rounding the corner I aim my gun just to be ready, but I immediately lower it once I notice the battered girl crying hysterically.

I stare at her, and my mind wanders to the sleepless nights that my crying kept me up. I didn't see her in the room, she would be the first one I noticed. She's in a big, dirty, blood stained t-shirt, her hair is matted to her face and tangled up, and the bruises all over her arms and legs has me fearing what her face could look like.

"Hey." Scarlett says softly walking up to the girl cautiously.

The girl looks up and my heart skips a beat as I grip my gun. Both of her eyes have black bruising encircling them as her eyes are red and puffy from crying, her left jaw is swollen, her lip is busted and swollen, and her entire face is bruised up and dirty.

Don't let the darkness take you Jade.

The girl glances at the guns in our hands and fear encases her eyes. Scarlett took one look in her eyes, and hands her gun to Iris.

"We're not going to hurt you." Scarlett says softly as she squats down beside the girl, "We're going to get you out of here." Scarlett informs and a flash of hope appears in her eyes for a second.

"There are more girls, a lot of them. And he- they- those men they have g-guns." The girls stammers out looking down the hallway in fear, where a dirty black door stands at the end of the hall.

"Are their more girls behind that door?" Iris asks and the girl shakes her head.

"N-no. That's j-just my room, wh-when the alarms w-went off i-it opened. B-But I kn-know their ar-are other g-girls here! I h-hear their screams ev-every night! You ha-have to save them too! They're killing us!" The girl begs grabbing Scarletts hand for dear life.

"We will save them too. You have to help us find them." Scarlett says and the girl nods frantically.

Scar helps the girl up slowly and I have to quickly look away as I stare at the dried blood that stains her inner thighs. She groan Scar hand as she limps her ways slowly down the hall.

I revert my attention on our surroundings, my stomach squirms at the unwanted nostalgic feeling. We quietly and quickly make our way to the dirty, black door. As Scar reaches for the handle the girl shakes her head stopping her. She points upward and we all look up staring at what seems a secret attic door.

"You've got to be shitting me." Iris says clearly growing annoyed and angry by the second.

Scar, Iris, and I stare at each other knowingly. Scar and I squat down a little cupping our hands. Iris rolls her eyes as she places her gun in her pants waist. Placing her foot in Scarlett and I cupped hands, we steadily lift her up. In a quick motion, Iris opens the door letting the ladder slide out and jumps down from our hands.