Chapter 26

Cave in the Jungle

They are inside of the cave. Sounds of bats flying around can be heard. Inside the cave was a complete mess.

Suddenly the cave vibrate, winds started to blow harder pushing both of them

"Li Wei Wei!" Daku Sin look at her petite body sways due to the obstruction.

Out of nowhere, a big pillar came down and separated both of them.

"Sin! Be careful!" After both of them separated, the destruction seem to stop.

Li Wei Wei is in the other side of the cave. It seems like a small jungle. Full of flowers and plants.

"What are you doing here?!" A loud booming voice startled her.

An old master suddenly came out. He is the owner of the cave. The old man has sense the arrival of other human the moment Li Wei Wei and Daku Sin step inside.

"Old senior! Is this your place?" Li Wei Wei waste no time.

"Yes. What are you doing here?" The old man ask dangerously.

"I'm here to pick one petals of thousand years lotus flower. My husband the general has been poison." Li Wei Wei replied without any hesitation.

"You can't. The flower is too precious. It was my hard work. Now go back." The old man walk away from her.

"Old senior! I'm begging you. I will do anything!" Li Wei Wei was desperate.

The old man smirked. He knows everything about Li Wei Wei's identity.

"You are not from this world isn't it?" Li Wei Wei surprised hearing this.

"How do you know that?"

"Trying to change his destiny has make your time lessen up. You are going back soon."

Her heart drop hearing it. She couldn't believe her ears. This is too soon.

'Even if I go back it is okay, as long as he is safe. Don't be greedy Li Wei Wei.'

"Today incident happen is because of you. He was supposed to die next year not today. His fate has changed. He need to die by the end of today. Fortunately, you have the skills to stop the poison." The old man continues.

"So it was because of me?" Tears escape her eyes.

"Then let me save him! You do know if he dies no one will protect the country! All of you will die because of the war! I swear if he couldn't live, all of you wouldn't too." She is extremely furious.

Looking at the enraged lady in front of him, he finally gave in. He remember her daughter who died because of his own greediness.

The old man led his hand towards her direction. And suddenly a petals of flower appears on his hands.

"Use it. We will meet again soon." The old man disappeared.

"Thank you old man!" She cried out.

—————

In Front of Military Camp

"Sin thank you so much for helping me! I will definitely repay you! I will go inside first." Li Wei Wei rushing into the military camp.

Daku Sin look at her figure slowly vanish from his vision. He is wondering how did she manage to get the flowers.

"Li Wei Wei you are back? Jin Er is unconscious!" Zhao Li approached her worriedly.

"I've got the antidote! Let's save Jin Jin!" She said trying to put on a smile trying to forget all the old man words.

Li Wei Wei saw Feng Xujin was unconscious so she take the boiled flower's petals in her own mouth. It was so bitter.

Opening his mouth a little, she then use her mouth to give him the antidote.

"Err then seems like Jin Er will be fine, I will go out first." Zhao Li feel awkward looking at her gesture.

She only nodded. Sensing there is no one in the room, Li Wei Wei lay her head carefully on his chest, avoiding his wound.

Looking at his pale face, Li Wei Wei could hold the heartbreak no longer and tears trickled her cheek.

"This happened because of me... I am so sorry. But.. I'm glad I can save you and you won't face any death situation in the future. And you know what? I'm going back soon. Please live your life the way you want. Don't force yourself too much." Trying to stop herself from sobbing.

Suddenly Feng Xujin's eyes fluttered open, he look at his wife who has been crying.

"Come here. I'm okay. Don't cry." He said pulling her close to him.

"It's just some dust getting inside my eyes. Also this happen because of me." She make excuses avoiding his eyes.

Wiping her tears gently, he roughly said,

"Stop saying that. If I didn't noticed that you are trying to save me, you would be the one who will be hurt." Not wanting to imagine if she is the one who has been poisoned.

"But your life is too invaluable. You need to protect our people and the country. Promise me you won't use your own life to protect me again!" Li Wei Wei sternly said.

"But if you're the one who gets hurts, I might not be able to keep my sane. Let alone taking care of this country." Feng Xujin replied looking at her wet eyes.

"No. Listen! Promise me. You must be strong even if any hard circumstances came to you." She give him her pinky finger then grab his to tangled it around hers.

He didn't said anything but hugged her closer to him. Feng Xujin was  thinking about every single thing that she said while he is half conscious.

When it happened, he thought it was just his imagination. But the moment he open his eyes, Li Wei Wei with tears making him realise it's real.