Chapter 12

Yesterday when Li Wei Wei arrived at home, her mother swollen red eyes crying looking at her daughter appearance.

Li Wei Wei didn't tell her mother and father she nearly got rape. She don't want to make them more worry.

When they asked her about her clothes, she told them her robe got a bit dirty so the general gave her his robe.

Li Wei Wei proceed to tell her parents how the general save her and they stay in a hut because of the situation.

——————

In the Morning

Stretching her body a bit, then she got up. She couldn't sleep properly last night.

The bad guy face always appear in her mind. Everytime he appeared, she think of the Feng Xujin. She then feels a bit okay.

Her chamber suddenly being barged by someone. It was Qiqi.

"Miss I'm so sorry I missed you." Qiqi kept on saying sorry as she felt very guilty on this incident.

Li Wei Wei try to comfort her by telling it is okay, it was not her fault. But Qiqi continue to cry.

—————

The Palace Court

"How was your daughter Minister Li?" The emperor started the conversation. He just wanted to know about the girl wellbeing.

"Thankfully my daughter is saved Your Majesty." As soon as he arrived in the palace, he quickly express his gratitude to the general.

Minister Li wouldn't discuss any further about his daughter in the court.

He is professional in his field. He didn't want to be label as someone kissing up the emperor.

"Then, it's good. General have you choose your future bride? The time Zhen gave you is up." The emperor attention suddenly drift to the most successful bachelor in the country.

Seeing the general is quiet the emperor quickly added up,

"There are lot of talented ladies in our country Zhen will choose one that suits you very well."

Before Feng Xujin could say something, the emperor cut him off by passing a royal decree.

"Eunuch Fu passed my decreed. Zhen bestowed the great general of our country to marry the daughter of Minister Li Fei Hong named Li Wei Wei."

Gasps can be heard in the court. All of them thought it would be Jiang Liyao, Prime Minister's daughter. But they are completely wrong.

The emperor really hope that Feng Xujin will realise his own feelings. He sees the general as his own son since Feng Xujin's father is the emperor bestfriend.

The emperor has promised Feng Xujin's father that he will look after Xujin.

Minister Li quickly thanked His Majesty for his benevolence.

Feng Xujin also wasn't expecting it. He want to refuse it earlier but the emperor use the royal decree's power so he must obey to it.

But he must admit he is relief it was Li Wei Wei. If it was some annoying lady, he might really took some initiative to refuse it.

"Eunuch Fu sent the royal decree to the Li manor."

"This servant will do Your Majesty." The eunuch slowly take his leave.

The officials started to feel jealous. They feel very disappointed of their own daughter. They couldn't believe the emperor would choose Li Wei Wei.

—————

Minister Li Manor

Qiqi told Li Wei Wei that her father has been looking for her. Then she immediately set off to the main pavilion.

While walking, she saw a green figure holding a yellow scroll. Her father and mother also bow down with respect. She is feeling nervous.

'It is a royal decree right?'

"Young Miss Li Wei Wei come and accept the royal decree." Eunuch Fu started.

Li Wei Wei also got on her knees waiting for the eunuch to announce the decree.

"Daughter of Minister Li Fei Hong, Li Wei Wei a beautiful lady, graceful, dignified, smart and also kind hearted will be berothed to the country great general, Feng Xujin a good looking men, brave, courageous and very wise young men. The wedding will take place next month."

Surprised by the decree's content, she was astonished. She couldn't believe, it was her getting married to the general.

'The novel has changed one of the plot!' She screamed internally in her mind.

Li Wei Wei had heard before, rejecting a royal decree will cause death. She don't want to die in vain.

"I, Li Wei Wei daughter of Minister Li accept the royal decree."

She also don't want to implicate her family.

"At least one of the plot change. By his side maybe it will be easier to save him right? Li Wei Wei let's think positively." She talked to herself and sighed heavily.

—————

General Feng Manor

Feng Xujin and Zhao Li were discussing about their military strategy.

One of the guard barged in with a happy face.

"Eunuch Fu has come to passed the royal decree about your marriage master!"

Feng Xujin only look him like usual. There is no expression.

"What?! You're getting married and you didn't even tell your own bestfriend?! You traitor!" Zhao Li couldn't believe his ears.

"It was a royal decree. I couldn't reject it." Feng Xujin explained shortly.

"Who is the poor girl?" Zhao Li asked.

Ignoring him, Feng Xujin instructed the servant.

"Ask Zhao Mama to prepare the betrothal gifts. Once it is prepared, quickly send it to the Minister Li's manor."

"So it was Li Wei Wei. Do you like her?" Zhao Li curious on why did his friend agree to this marriage.

"It is none of your business."

"You do realized that you have a lot of enemy right? How will you protect her? Your enemy will change their target towards her."

Zhao Li worried about the future. What if something happen to Li Wei Wei?

"I will try my best to protect her."

********

P.S.

That was so scary of him. Lol