Chapter 35

That night she couldn't sleep as she kept imagining that she might get slain by anyone. Everytime she watch a historical drama, people always get poisoned or killed inside the prison.

She look at her surrounding, she found out that some of them also couldn't sleep. Li Wei Wei look at a woman in her thirties beside her cell.

That woman didn't look like she could done any major crime. Scooting closer to the woman's side, she started.

"Excuse me madam. Why can't you sleep?" She wasn't being busybody but she just want to talk to someone.

"I think about my daughter." That woman slowly said while looking at the young girl which is Li Wei Wei.

"Where is your daughter? Is she at home?" Li Wei Wei asked.

"No worries. If you don't want to talk I won't force you." She added quickly as she was afraid that she perhaps unconsciously hurt the woman feelings.

After a heavy deep breath the woman took, she let out her problem.

"My daughter is no more in this world. She is sick but I couldn't afford to pay for her medicines and acupuncture services that she needed to take. I worked as a maid at a rich manor. I steal some money from my big madam's chamber because I was really desperate for my only daughter. Even though I worked to death, I still couldn't afford to pay for my daughter sake. Few days after I went into prison, my daughter passed away and I couldn't see her for last time. I need to stay in this prison and work as a slave for two month as the punishment for stealing." That woman told her story to Li Wei Wei.

Li Wei Wei couldn't catch any emotion from that woman. But when she saw the woman is clenching her fist tightly holding her pain inside, she knew the mother is holding her pain on the inside.

Losing a child is the most painful and agony to went through for every mother. It was a pain that couldn't be cure by any medicine.

"You are a strong woman. I hope you get the justices that you deserve. Your daughter must be watching you from heaven." Li Wei Wei hold the woman hand with both of her hand. That woman's hand were full of bruises and old scars. Li Wei Wei couldn't stop her eyes from getting teary.

"Thank you miss. I don't know who you are but god will bless you for your kindness." That woman thanked Li Wei Wei for hearing her story. It feels so ease when she let out the pressure she been holding onto.

—————

Waking up grumpily, her stomach grumble because she is very hungry. She refuse to eat the whole day. It is not because the food is not tasty but her dramatic ass keep imagining the food got poison in it.

"Miss you have been released by His Majesty command." A voice shake her off from her day dreaming.

Li Wei Wei look at him in disbelief. She finally got released? But how?

"Really?" Excitement can be heard from her tone. After spending one night at the prison, she repent a lot.

"Thank you for your kind service whether it was yesterday or today." She did not forget to show her gratitude towards the guard and hand him some silver.

"Thank you miss." The stone guard bow down at her.

"No problem. No problem. I will go first." Li Wei Wei was about to went out when she remember about her.

Li Wei Wei took off some of her jewellery and walk back to yesterday's woman.

"Madam. I don't have any money left but here some gifts for you. It might not be very valuable but you could trade it for some silver when you came out." She handed it to that woman.

"Thank you so much miss! Thank you so much!" Tears started to welled up in the woman eyes. She saw a new ray of hope.

—————

Walking out of the prison raise a grateful feeling within her. She guessed that she will be out of the prison but not this soon.

"Jin Jin must have done something out of control. Wait I'm back at home! Will knock his head with Zhao Mama's bowl." Murmuring to herself that she bump into a wall or should we say a human.

"Ouch Ouch! I'm sor....." Li Wei Wei were tongue tied when she look up. It was Feng Xujin.

"Ehh Jin Jin you shouldn't pick me. I can go home by myself. Don't trouble yourself." She was about to nag at him but when she saw his usual stoned expression, she discarded the idea.

"You don't trouble me."

"How did you get me out of here? Did you perhaps threaten His Majesty...?" Li Wei Wei trailed off the last sentence.

"It was Liu Qi." His face hardened when the words came out from his mouth.

—————

Yesterday, Feng Xujin had lost all of his rational and tolerance mind. He was about to threaten the emperor but Daku Sin's arrival at his manor stopped him and force him to find another way.

"Are you crazy? You think Li Wei Wei would want you to do this?" Daku Sin sternly said at Feng Xujin.

"Get out." Feng Xujin ignore him.

"She always think about you even in the most critical moment. You really think that she would be happy if you defy your emperor for her. She won't. Do it if you want and you will lose her. Mark my words." Daku Sin walked away once he finished saying that.

He did not try to save Feng Xujin but it was Li Wei Wei. If something happened to Feng Xujin, Li Wei Wei would be the one who received the most pain.

And Daku Sin would never want that to happen even if it means he had to help the man that she loves.

—————

P.S
Daku Sin best boy!
What do you think about Liu Qi?