64

"When are you and Callie getting married?" I asked Nate, my arm intertwined with his as we walked back to the castle.

He choked at my words and looked down at me with wide eyes before going back to looking straight ahead.

"Why're we discussing marriage? Callie and I are seventeen and we are still in school."

"So?" I questioned. "I wanna be a bridesmaid. Do you see yourself marrying her in the future?"

"No." He shook his head. "But that's not because of Callie. I love her with everything I have and I want to spend the rest of my life with her but neither of us wants to get married. Why should we? We don't need a piece of paper to tell us we love each other."

I've never quite looked at it like that.

"I want to get married someday." I told him. "I see your point but I believe there is a big step from dating to being married. I believe it makes it more official that you want to spend the rest of your life together."

Nate hummed in response.

"Were you planning on marrying Fred?"

"Planning?" I laughed. "No, but if you're asking whether or not I could see us at the altar in the future, then yes. I could definitely see that because I genuinely though that one kiss was a mistake and that it wouldn't repeat itself."

"Then he went and took it one step further." Nate nodded slowly. "Fred's an asshole."

"That he is." I agreed with a deep breath leaving my mouth, then I saw Fred stand by the entrance to the castle. "And he's standing right there."

Nate looked at me, then looked towards the castle.

"Oh no, he can just try and bother you and he'll face'll worsen." he said, moving to walk in front of me, taking fast and steady steps towards Fred.

"Hey, Twig, back up." Fred said quickly, holding up his hands in surrender. "I'm not out for any trouble, I just need a word with Julie."

"You don't need anything!" Nate spat, pushing Fred in the chest. "You've done quite enough, don't you think? You cheat and you decide to tell Johnson something that's not up to you. If Julie wanted people to know that she's got more family than just her father, she will do so, that is not something you can just tell people, especially not the one you cheated on her with!"

I caught up with Nate, grabbing his arm to tug him back while I looked up at Fred. He and Nate were looking at each other like two lions fighting for the role of fucking king of the jungle or something.

"What do you want?" I asked, keeping my grip on Nate's arm.

"It's uh— can we talk in private?" Fred's eyes flicked down to meet mine.

"No. Nate is family to me so anything you say to me, you can say in front of him."

Fred glanced at Nate but then nodded and looked back to me.

"Listen, I didn't mean to tell Angie— Angelina about your family." He told me. "It just slipped out."

"Right." I nodded. "It just slipped. Just like your cock into her vagina."

He sighed at me but decided to ignore my comment.

"She wrote your brother to get him here." He explained. "She's trying to throw you off, break you, I guess. I tried to convince her not to but— as you see, it didn't work."

I scoffed and I felt myself tear up at the thought of a certain person trying to break me like he said. I didn't understand what I ever did to Angelina, other than date the person she wanted.

"Fucking unbelievable." I said. "I told you I didn't want to go looking for my family and then you tell her about it. What did you think would happen, Fred? Now I have a brother wandering Hogwarts. Every time you do something, I think that's it but then you actually proceed to break my trust even more. You are unbelievable."

"Jule—"

"Fuck you." I spat. "Go to hell."

Nate wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me further inside before we rounded the corner and made our way down the stairs.

"You don't have to see your brother." He told me. "Just don't go near Angelina. He's probably there, seeing as she's the reason he's here."

"I just—" I sighed. "I don't want to think about it. I don't even know how to react. I simply don't understand why Angelina is so dedicated to fuck me up in the head. She won. She got him, she got Fred, yet she continues to now target me on my family."

Nate gave my shoulder a squeeze before he simply let go of me.

"I'm gonna cheer you up." He told me. "I'll go to Hogsmeade before dinner and get you some chocolate frogs."

I pouted and looked up at him. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course, J." He grinned. "As you said, we're family and I'd do anything for my family. Even go all the way to Hogsmeade for some chocolate frogs."

I smiled, showing him I was thankful. Nate tapped the bricks by the Hufflepuff basement, and the entrance slowly opened, letting us enter.

"Fred shouldn't even have been there." Nate told me. "George basically forced him to go to their common room."

I shrugged. Fred probably found a way out of it. Definitely sounds like him. He hates being told what to do, especially when it's from his brother.

"I'm gonna take a nap." I informed my friends who all sat in the sofas while Nate walked over to sit down next to Callie. "Wake me up before dinner?"

"You already know it." Seth smiled softly. "You okay after seeing your brother?"

"Yeah." I nodded slowly. "I guess. It didn't seem like he knew who I was so hopefully he'll leave again today and I won't have to see him again."

Hopefully that was the truth.