65

Seth and Nate wheezed with laughter after Melba went into deep conversation about how to stop human violence. Now she looked offended with her arms folded over her chest and her back leaned against the wall of the dormitory where the boys slept at night.

"I'm not— not bloody joking." She said. Her voice was distant and she had a hard time keeping her eyes open.

"Melly, dear old Melly." Callie giggled, leaning closer to Melba while stroking her hair like she was a puppy. "The boys are just being assholes."

Has the ceiling always been spinning?

"I just had an idea!" Melba exclaimed, getting up on her knees. "Nate, if it's okay with you, I'd like to kiss your girlfriend."

Callie frowned before leaning closer to me.

"Nate has a girlfriend?" She whispered. "Who?"

I shrugged as I looked around the room, my eyes eventually landing back on Callie.

"Who's Nate?"

We stared at each other for a moment before we both broke into laughter and leaned against each other.

"That would be so hot." Nate mumbled before his voice turned into singing. "Callie. Hi baby."

Callie scrunched up her nose but immediately started crawling across the floor, leaning up to kiss Nate on the jaw.

They shared a look and then Callie crawled over to Melba. The two immediately dove in and the two started making out heavily while Nate and Seth watched with wide eyes. Nate's lips were parted but Seth had the joint between his and then he slowly narrowed his eyes. He turned his head and looked at me, then smiled softly.

"Hi." I giggled, sliding further down the wall until I almost lied down. "You look like someone I know."

"You look like someone I fucked in my dream." He responded, his voice slurred from the mix of weed and alcohol.

"Lucky girl." I muttered, giggling again. "Has anyone seen Fred?"

My voice was suddenly much louder, earning the attention of Nate too, seeing as Callie and Melba were still making out.

"Who the fuck is Fred?" Seth asked with a frown.

"My boyfriend!" I said cheerfully, pulling myself up to stand. "Where's Fred? He owes me a kiss."

"Julie, Jules—" Nate grabbed onto my hand when I tried making my way towards the door. "You and Fred aren't together anymore. He cheated on you."

I looked down at him and frowned, shaking my head before I ran a hand through my hair.

"No, Fred wouldn't do that." I laughed softly. Nate tugged at my hand and I slid down to sit on the floor, leaning against him. He wrapped his arm around me, holding me in a protecting grip. "Fred cheated?"

"Yeah." Nate sighed. "I'm sorry, honey."

"Maybe he was mad at me." I said and sat up straight, looking at Nate. "Maybe it was revenge!"

"Revenge for what?" Seth asked, narrowing his eyes at me. "What did you do July?"

He started laughing again and so did I when he called me July.

"I didn't do anything." I defended myself when I was finished laughing. "Not while we were together, at least. No, I simply had a thing for George before Fred."

I closed my eyes and leaned against Nate again while the room went quiet. Even Callie and Melba stopped making out.

"And I sucked him off." I yawned. "I'm such a slut."