16

The air surrounding Hogsmeade was chill this time a year. It was late October so of course it wouldn't be hot outside, plus we were in Scotland, meaning the weather was kinda shitty most of the time. The streets of Hogsmeade were full of mostly students, third year and up. In your first and second year, you aren't allowed to leave Hogwarts during the weekends. I remember starting my third year. My friends and I were all so excited to finally go shop here. And shop we did. We brought a lot of candy back to our common room.

"I want to get a look at some quills." Nate said. "I might or might not have broken mine in History of Magic two days ago."

"How do you keep breaking your quills?" Callie asked. "They cost money, Nathaniel. You need to be careful."

"Well I don't know, Calliope. It's not my fault I'm clumsy and tend to drop them."

"Maybe we should have a talk to Mr and Mrs Twig. Tell them they made a very clumsy and irresponsible young man." Seth suggested.

"Maybe I should talk to Mr and Mrs Doe and tell them they made a very rude and annoying little boy." Nate shot back as he got up in Seth's face.

They do this a few times a year. They argue to the point where they sometimes start physically fighting. It's ridiculous... pathetic.

"Jules! A little assistance please!" Callie called, causing me to look away from the Tomes and Scrolls. Every time we're here, that one catches my eye because it's a bookshop. Callie was trying to hold Nate back as he and Seth were about to start a scene in the streets of Hogsmeade.

Nick and Melba had disappeared to god knows where. With a sigh, I let my bag slide off my shoulder and held it out towards Fred who was right next to me. "Hold my bag."

He automatically grabbed my bag from my hand as I made my way towards Seth and Nate. While Callie kept pulling on Nate, I placed my hands against Seth's chest and pushed him away.

"I don't have bloody time for this." Callie said. "Having you stop you two from fighting wasn't on the list over things I wanted to do today... so Nate, back off or we're through."

His head immediately snapped to the side to look at her and then he grabbed her hand and led her towards Honeydukes.

"He started it." Seth told me with his arms crossed over his chest. I frowned at him, shaking my he'd slightly.

"No. You started it."

"Whatever." he scoffed. "I'll be in the hair salon. I could need a haircut."

I watched Seth walk away before I turned around to face my ex boyfriend and his brother. Yep. I was stuck with them for probably the rest of the day. It was better than being alone anyway.

"Oh, I suddenly remembered that I–"

"No, George don't finish that sentence." I warned him as I stepped closer.

"I have to go buy some potions for Lee." he said but I could tell by his face that he was lying. That this was an excuse for leaving Fred and I alone. "But you too... you used to love looking at books together. I'm sure it'll be fun."

Then he hurried off.

I laughed. Fred looked at me with a raised eyebrow, then I approached him, still laughing softly. I held out my hand and he gave me back my backpack.

If I had to be honest, I wanted to be alone with him but I couldn't admit it. I didn't understand how I let him do what he did this morning after he cheated on me in May. How I could let myself love him and want to spend time with him when he broke my heart.