24

"Julie!"

I sighed and stopped in my tracks when I heard his voice. I motioned for my friends to go ahead and continue. I didn't turn around. I stayed right this and waited for him to tell me whatever he had to say.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

"You're welcome to talk." I said with a small shrug. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I let out another sigh as he gently turned me around.

"In here." He said and reached over to open the door to the broom closet next to where we were standing.

I looked at the door as it opened and then looked up at him. "I'm not gonna make out with you."

"That's not— what?" He laughed but quickly stopped again. "Just get in there, Jules. We have to talk."

I walked into the closet and leaned back against the wall while letting my bag fall to the floor.

Fred followed me in and closed the door behind him. He searched for the light switch and when the light turned on, I squinted my eyes, trying to get used to it.

"Fred. What do you—"

"I heard you talk to Nate and Callie." He told me. I frowned but then realized what he talked about. I shook my head, grabbed my bag and hurried for the door but Fred blocked it and I almost walked straight into him.

"No, Fred. Let me out."

"You need to listen to me." He said and cupped my face to force me to listen to him. "Callie mentioned addiction. Are you addicted to something?"

I huffed.

"I'm addicted to chocolate... and ice-cream. Now let me out."

I tried pushing him away but instead he grabbed onto my wrists and kept me in place.

"You know what I mean."

"Do I?"

"What were you trying to get from Nate?" He asked. "Was it drugs? Are you trying to get yourself high?"

"Merlin's beard, Fred." I sighed. He backed me up against the wall before he placed a hand next to my head. "It's none of your business."

"It is my business." He argued. "When you're trying to get drugs because of me, it is my business."

I moved my head to look away but he kept meeting my gaze.

"What kind of drugs, Jules?" He asked. "Have you taken anything before?"

"Fred!" I yelled. "Stop! I'm not..."

I sighed. "I don't do drugs. I've tried it once, didn't like it."

"Then why were you trying to—"

"Because you are all I can think about!" I yelled. "And I need that to stop! I need to get you out of my head and you standing here right now isn't helping anything!"

I leaned my head back against the wall as I closed my eyes.

"You know what I hated the most by seeing you with Johnson?" I asked as I after a moment opened my eyes again to look up at his. "Every time I heard her call you baby. You hate that and she didn't know that while I did. I know you better than she does."

"You do." He nodded. "You know me as well as my family."

"Then why—" I frowned as my lips started to quiver. "Why would you throw that away? Throw us away?"

"I don't know." He whispered. "But I wish I hadn't. I wish I had never kissed her. I wish I had stayed after our fight and solved it with you instead of cheating. I'm so sorry my love. I'm so sorry."

I reached forwards and hooked my fingers into the waistband of his trousers, pulling him closer to me.

"Jules." He breathed when his hips came in contact with mine. "Don't do anything you'll regret."

I tilted my head back to look up at his face. I could feel the warmth from his body and I loved it. I wanted to kiss him, to be back with him. It was times like these that I almost convinced myself to just ignore the feelings I have towards what he did and just get him back.

I tucked at his dress shirt, pulling it out of his trousers while keeping eye contact with him.

"This isn't a good idea." He told me. "If this happens... you'll go straight back to hating me after."

I let go of his shirt and let my body relax with a sigh leaving my mouth.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

I closed my eyes when I felt the stinging in my eyes and a few tears managed to press through my eyelashes.

"Darling." Fred whispered and ran a finger along my jaw. "Don't cry please."

"I don't know why I am." I sobbed and clamped a hand over my mouth. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Then I let my hand drop and I looked at Fred as he cupped my jaw with his right hand. "I should probably go."

"Okay." He breathed and let go of me. He stepped away he tucked his dress shirt back into his trousers. "Just— don't do any drugs, okay? I don't want you to end up like that."

"It's not like Nate would give me anything." I shrugged, wiping my cheeks. "He's too good of a friend."

I swallowed harshly as I glanced at him.

"I'm sorry." I told him. He didn't get to respond before I grabbed my bag and hurried out of the broom closet.

I rushed through the courtyard and down the stairs to the dungeon.

"When do we have quidditch practice again?" I questioned when I entered the common room and approached the sofa area where my friends sat.

"We just talked about it this morning." Melba told me. "Cedric has the pitch booked for tonight."

"Alright." I nodded. "Wake me up for dinner?"

"You're going to bed?" Nick questioned as I made my way towards the dormitory.

"Yes." I turned around to see everyone of my friends already looking at me. "I cried in front of Fred... again. I need some sleep so I can wake up and be over the humiliation of it."