piper mclean💞

@sj_2106 :) this is set at the wilderness school, before hera put 'jason' there. this isn't made clear in the actual one-shot so I'll make it clear now - faun uses she/they pronouns and prefers she <3

It was the morning of yet another school trip, and you and the rest of your dorm were getting ready. Emma, as per usual, was being a typical high school mean girl.

"Y/n, darling, those shoes don't match your sweater," she giggled, putting on yet another layer of lip gloss in front of the mirror.

"Emma, darling, those words don't match your non-existent IQ," you shot back, and your best friend, Piper, tried not to laugh.

"How dare you!" gasped Emma. "Rosie, can you believe-"

"Rosie isn't in our dorm, you bimbo," huffed Piper. "Like I reminded you two minutes ago."

"Yeah, well, Emma's gotta get her moral support from somewhere," muttered Faun, shoving a spare pair of clothes into her backpack. She was also in your dorm. Faun was okay, but she liked to be antisocial. She hated attention and anything that drew it to them. Which was just as well, because standing next to Emma meant you weren't likely to get any attention whatsoever.

"Faun, that's not very nice," frowned Emma.

"I'm not very nice," retorted Faun, swinging their backpack over their shoulder. You looked down at your shoes. Did they match your sweater? You didn't really care either way. You had phases, but caring what you looked like was not your current one.

"Y/n, not to validate Emma, but your shoes really don't match with your sweater," muttered Faun, only to you, on her way out. Their bleach-blonde hair smelled like vanilla and rain, you couldn't help but notice.

"Thanks, Faun."

"You ready?" asked Piper, and you nodded.

"I know I am," said Emma, pouting and posing in front of the mirror. "Today's the day that Chad's finally gonna like me back!" She sashayed out.

"I can't with that girl," said Piper, shaking her head.

"She gives women a bad name," you agreed. Piper linked arms with you, giggling, and the pair of you walked down to the school bus.

"Alright, cupcakes!" yelled Coach Hedge through his megaphone. "Get on the coach in an orderly fashion! Single file, or you can drop and give me ten!"

Piper grinned at you and went first, going right to the back of the coach and getting two seats there. She pretended to curtsey to you and you curtseyed back to her, laughing silently. You took the window seat and she took the seat next to you. To Piper's dismay, you were joined by Emma and Rosie, and Faun was in front of you, pulling her black hoodie on and putting earphones in. She pulled the hood over her head and slumped down in their seat.

"Faun, oh my god. You couldn't wear more black if you tried," sniggered Emma, and Rosie laughed with her.

"Couldn't I?" asked Faun. They pulled out black Ray Bans from their bag and put them over their bright blue eyes. The only colour you could see on her was the rosebud pink of her lips. Everything else was black or white. Or silver, if you included her piercings.

"Oh, god," sighed Rosie. "She's so dramatic. Must you be so goth, Faun?"

Faun ignored her, and she sat back in defeat. Piper laughed.

"Hey," said Faun suddenly, catching sight of you in the window's reflection. "Is y/n asleep?"

Piper leaned over you a little. "Yeah, I think so," she said softly. "They must be really tired."

"What d'you mean?" asked Emma, flipping her hair over one shoulder.

"Have you seen the dark circles under their eyes?" asked Piper. "And they don't sleep at night, I'm pretty sure. They're always reading, or on their phone, or out on a walk."

"Hmm, that's a good point," said Faun. "That looks really uncomfortable, though."

"No, you're right," said Piper. Your head was resting at an almost 90 degree angle on the window. She gently moved it onto her lap and smiled down at you. Faun hummed along to her music, Emma and Rosie gossiped, and Piper just looked down at you and focused on the bus's wheels turning.

sksjfjdjfhsj so this was piper, i quite like how it turned out. i spent a good ten minutes procrastinating finishing this by searching the internet for weird harry potter ships so yeah. if you made it this far you get a cookie <3