magnus chase💞

tw - gore, death. technically this is you dying on him but whatever. btw this story hit 500 reads yay ty !

"Maggie, shhh," you whispered. The two of you were a pair in hide and seek to the death, and you were determined not to die immediately - and also to keep Magnus alive, since if one of you died, the other faded into death, too.

"I'm sorry!" He whisper-shouted back. Halfborn had easily killed both of you four times each in the past week, since you were both small and slight, and not very violent, and this time, you hoped to stay alive a little longer.

"Okay, here's how it's gonna go," you muttered, still crouching behind the bush. "If anyone - especially Halfborn, gods dammit - we just-"

"You'll just what?" Mallory asked from behind you, casually tossing her blade into the air and catching it again. The two of you turned around, and paled.

"If Mallory's here, then that means-" Magnus started, but before he could finish, and axe soared through the air, impaling itself into a tree a couple of inches from his head.

"That was just a test shot," grinned Halfborn.

"Dammit, Gunderson!" You yelled. "You couldn't have gone after someone else?"

"No way in Helheim, l/n. I've got a reputation to uphold." He swept his axe across your waist, and you jumped back, but not far enough. He didn't get all the way through, but it was enough for the blood to come pouring out.

You fell back onto Magnus, and shot Halfborn and Mallory dirty looks.

"No, don't die, y/n, we'll lose!"

You shrugged. "See you on the other side, I guess." You rolled off him, and he stared down at you for a second before fading out. Halfborn and Mallory high-fived.

"You owe me," Mallory told him.

"Whatever, Keen."