hazel levesque💞

about time i updated this

"Please? Please please please, y/n," Hazel begged you. "Your hair is so long I- ugh, please let me braid it."

She did puppy eyes at you and you sighed. "Fine, you can braid my hair."

"Yay!" You sat down in front of the mirror and leaned back a little so she could see your hair better.

"Okay, so I'm thinking, I'm gonna French-braid down here, and then it's gonna go up like a headband and back down the other side." Hazel smiled, and you couldn't help smiling too.

"Sounds good, Hazel," you said.

She chatted to you as she worked, giving you the latest Camp Jupiter gossip.

"-but Lavinia's so cool, I really like her. I'm not supposed to let anyone slack off, and I don't exactly 'approve' of it, but sometimes I'll turn a blind eye, and she sneaks out of the boundaries to talk to this dryad, Poison Oak. She says they're getting along really well!"

"That's so cool, I'm happy for her. What about Reyna, how's she doing?" you asked her.

"Reyna's doing really well, actually. She and Frank make a really good team, and she made sure everyone's nice to me, and treats me well. At first, people didn't want to respect a daughter of Pluto, especially as a centurion. They treated me like dirt under their shoes. But Reyna told them all that I've already done more than most of them ever will for the legion, and they should be bowing at my feet. People have warmed up to me now. There's a careful balance between respect and friendship, and I think I've found it," Hazel confided in you.

"Hazel, that's great!"

"OK, love, I'm just gonna need you to tilt your head like this so I can braid this behind your ear." She gently moved your head and you squinted. "Oh, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, the light's just in my eyes," you said.

"Well, why don't you close them, then?" she suggested.

"Oh, right." It seemed so obvious after she said it. Feeling a little silly, you closed your eyes. Hazel started humming, and you relaxed a little more, letting yourself zone out.

Hazel finished braiding and secured it carefully, and then looked down at you.

"Aww," she whispered. She propped up your head so that you wouldn't have neck cramps when you woke up and sat down opposite you, sharpening her spatha.

When you woke up, she smiled at you. "Good morning," she teased.

"Sorry, Hazel," you apologised. "I just- your voice was really relaxing and-"

"Hey, it's fine." She grinned at you, and you grinned back.

"Training? So I can work off the drowsiness?" you suggested.

"I mean, I just sharpened my weapon, so..."

definitely not my favourite one of these, but it turned out better than i was expecting and i didn't really have any other ideas for this one so yeah :)