lavinia asimov💞

tw - alcohol!sm. disclaimers - all characters who drink in this are of legal drinking age, including y/n (you). this is a mature one-shot, and i would advise 12+ readers AT LEAST. it's also romantic (no smut).

okay so trials of apollo is... questionable... i've only read it once through and i'll probably never read it again because tbh it just wasn't that good in my opinion. HOWEVER there were some amazing characters and character development from previous series *cough cough nico cough will cough reyna cough rACHEL* [dw guys no covid :D] there was also some pretty good wlw representation, in my opinion, but that's not the point. anyway lavinia is a character that shows up in either book 3 or 4 and i'd put a spoiler warning but she's not even in tower of nero so... read at your own discretion, i guess. if you've never met her, lavinia is a daughter of terpsichore, has bright pink hair and a nose ring, is a raging lesbian, and loves chewing bubblegum and a dryad called poison ivy. camp jupiter, fifth cohort, eventually centurion of said cohort. sorry for the long a/n, read on if you want! <3

"And Poison Ivy was so annoyed! But I think I still have a chance," she told you, her eyes sparkling.

"That's great, Lavinia," you said. "I'm happy for you."

"You don't sound very happy," Lavinia said, looking at you carefully.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just, I have to cut this visit short. Chiron IM'd from camp, and I have to go on a quest with someone I really don't like..." you trailed off. It was true; you did have to go on a quest with Sherman Yang, son of Ares, and he was highly irritating. But it wasn't the only thing on your mind. You were pretty sure you had a crush on a friend of yours, but the friend in question was so far out of your league, you were closer to jumping high enough to get them the moon than having even a slight chance with them.

"Oh, no. I'm sorry," frowned Lavinia. "That sucks."

"Yeah, it really does."

On your last night at Camp Jupiter, any thoughts you had on your return to Camp Half Blood were bittersweet. You didn't want to leave her, but you knew you could never have her. Maybe it was for the best. But tonight, you were just going to enjoy yourself. Romans were uptight at the best of times, but Greeks partied like they were gonna die young. Probably because almost all of them did die young. But, well, the Roman campers had picked up a couple of tricks, especially the demigods still in the legion, and every time Greek campers visited, the Romans would throw a wild party in their honour.

That night, it was even wilder than usual.

"Are you having fun?" Lavinia yelled over the music.

"Yeah," you shouted back.

"Is it like the parties back home?"

"Not at all."

"Huh? D'you want me to tell them to turn up the music and start handing out some more hardcore drinks?"

"No, I meant this is wilder than your average Camp Half Blood party. But if you've got any vodka, it always gets people drunk faster." Lavinia grinned impishly, and made her way to Reyna. After a conversation that you couldn't hear, which seemed to involve Reyna downing a shot, Lavinia made her way back to you with two paper cups.

"Hey."

"Hey. Whatcha got?"

"Vodka mixed with orange juice." You raised an eyebrow. "Okay, mainly vodka," she amended.

You nodded and took a big sip. The bitter taste of alcohol scorched your throat, but it was what you needed to loosen up for the evening. This quest might be your last. You might actually die young. You were a child of Poseidon, for the gods' sakes. This could be the last time you saw this girl... and you didn't want to die with her not knowing what she meant to you, even if she was in love with another.

But before you had the chance, the pink haired girl turned to you and giggled.

"You know, I really like hanging out with you."

"Oh." You could feel your face go a little red, and took another sip of your drink. This time, it was bracing. "I like hanging out with you too."

"I think I wanna kiss you," she continued, her words slurring a little. You wondered how much alcohol she'd had, and whether this was her first time drinking. But you couldn't think about that right now.

Lavinia Asimov wanted to kiss you.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah-" She hiccuped. "But I don't wanna scare you."

"Look, Lavinia, I-" She gave you a sloppy kiss before you could say anything else, and you didn't know how to react. There were so many reasons to push her away, but you found yourself pulling closer, enjoying the burning taste of orange juice, alcohol, and bubblegum - three things that shouldn't go together, but did.

Somehow, you ended up curling up together at well past three in the morning, in Lavinia's bed. You weren't complaining, though. If this was gonna be the last time you saw each other, it wasn't a bad way for her to remember you.

"Goodnight, Lavinia."

"Night, y/n."

Who fell asleep first? Neither of you knew, but your other centurion, Cassia, daughter of Aurora, goddess of dawn, wasn't exactly pleased when she woke the both of you up for breakfast.

i would just like to clarify that i am a minor and have never gotten drunk or consumed any quantity of alcohol.
hope you liked this if you even read it :) if you didn't and you're still reading this then i hope you found my chaotic a/n's amusing :P