jason grace💞

hihi i just wrote thalia's one so this will be kinda weird idk. this is set at camp jupiter for a change, about a year or so before he disappears - so maybe two months before he becomes praetor? reyna isn't mad at you dw
this one y'all start dating
also im really dam tired ugh

Jason was supposed to be here. He was supposed to be here but he wasn't here and what were you even meant to do now because nobody was showing up and he'd said he'd be here and-

"Hey, y/n." You turned around to see Jason Grace of the Fifth Cohort smiling softly at you.

"Hi," you said, relieved. "I thought you were gonna bail."

"Oh, sorry. One of the Lars wanted to talk about the legion and I couldn't get away in time. What, did you think it was a joke or something?"

"Kind of, yeah," you admitted.

"Well, I think Latin is very interesting, for your information."

"Well, then, you can help me do this exercise, because I'm fairly sure it's impossible."

"Okay, let's see..." He sat down beside you, and pulled the book towards him a little.

"Oh, okay, this isn't too bad."

"Yes, it is."

"C'mon, y/n, it's not that hard..."

"Maybe not for you, the great Jason Grace. Crowning jewel of the Fifth Cohort and Twelfth Legion Fulminata, teenage prodigy, and general genius. But for me, y/n l/n, it's pretty hard."

"It's really not like that," he said gently. "I'm a real person, you know, not a robot. But you get used to it, I promise."

"Okay. So, Latin?"

"Latin."

"So, um, how does this work? Like, how do I do it?"

"Ah, okay, so there's a pretty simple grammar rule you can use when this is the case..."

"And done," you said, half an hour later, putting down your pencil as Jason smiled at you.

"See? It's easy when you know how."

"Whatever, Grace," you joked, and he laughed.

"So, d'you wanna hang out sometime maybe?" he asked a little shyly.

"Oh, yeah, sure," you grinned at him.

"Cool. That's cool. Um, see you at ten on Saturday, in the Gardens of Bacchus?" he suggested.

"Sounds perfect. I'll be there."

You were there a couple of minutes early, and you couldn't stop fidgeting. Everything felt not quite right. A little off, or different than usual, or-

"Hey, y/n," you heard Jason say, and turned around.

"Oh, hi, Jason," you say, your anxiety dissipating. "How are you?"

"I'm alright. You?"

"About the same here." He offered you his hand, and you took it.

Twelve hours later, you somehow found yourself still holding hands with Jason Grace, laying on the soft grass in a clearing in the woods, near camp.

"I had fun today," you whispered, and Jason smiled.

"Me too," he said quietly. You put your head on his shoulder, and his smile got a little wider. When you fell asleep, he carefully draped the blanket the two of you had brought out over you, and got a little closer to you. In your sleep, a smile tugged at your lips, and Jason closed his eyes, his body shielding yours from the world.

woooo yayy we stan jason (that autocorrected to stab... i swear im not caligula i just- ahaha *sweats nervously)