6│Bright

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Six
BRIGHT
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

When she left Julie's room and headed outside, the sun started to make its way towards the horizon, casting darkness down upon her. She didn't really want to leave tomorrow, but she knew that she couldn't stay. She knew that if she did, then she would become a nuisance. Rosalie made her way back into the studio, where she was met by her three ghost friends. Each of them was curious whether Julie had allowed her to stay.

They had waited paitently for her to enter the garage and tell them what Julie said. Rosalie saw the smiles on their faces as she walked into the room. They wanted her to stay. And so did she, they were the first ghosts she had met, and maybe they could learn a thing or two about all of this, like why they are ghosts and haven't crossed over. She wondered what she would tell them tomorrow when she left. She kept on thinking if she would ever see them again or if this was it.

"Well, what did she say?" Luke asked, disrupting Rosalie's thoughts.

She lifted her head up to look at him, "She said you guys are idiots." she smiled at them. All three of them looked offended by her words, and Alex held a hand up to his heart and gasped, "I'm kidding." She laughed. "She said I could stay for the night."

The three of them smiled at her, but then Luke realized what she said, "Wait, just for tonight?" he asked, looking at her with concern.

Rosalie nodded her head, "Well, she didn't really say that, but I know that's what she meant." She said as she closed the door into the garage, "I don't want to overstay my welcome."

All of the guys looked saddened by the news, but Rosalie insisted that they do something to pass the time. She had found that being a ghost got boring since she couldn't sleep or interact with a lot of things unless she concentrated really hard. It was Reggie who suggested that the four of them play two truths and a lie.

Like earlier, when they were playing twenty quetion, the four of them sat in a circle on the wooden floor in front of the piano. Reggie went first since it was his idea. "Okay, I play bass," he said, and immediately after, Luke and Alex looked at him, wanting to see if he was serious. "Okay, fine, I'll change it." He said after noticing the stares he was getting. He sat there for a moment staring at nothing while he thought of what to say. "I have a sister named Madison. I get stage fright sometimes. And finally, I got my first guitar when I was nine." He finished and saw his friends going to answer, "You can't answer. You already know everything about me."

Luke and Alex leaned back and turned to Rosalie to see what she thought. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with all the attention on her her fidgeted under their gaze and thought about what Reggie had said. She honestly couldn't tell if he had a sister or not, but she could understand if he got stage fright, she would. Getting a guitar at nine seems a little young, but she also felt like that was the truth. "You don't have a sister?" she guessed.