17│Edge of Great

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Seventeen
EDGE OF GREAT
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Nerves, that was what Rosalie was feeling, a vast range of nerves. Her emotions were running wild in her mind, thoughts of Luke and wanting to sing with him, and tell him she did like him, and then the thoughts of focusing on the music with Julie.

Which she was trying to do. The band had rehearsed many times since Julie had returned home. They had barely even given the girl a chance to have a drink and something to eat before she was behind ushered into the studio, a microphone shoved into her face. She didn't object. This was something she had been looking for all day.

Singing with Julie seemed to calm Rosalie's nerves. Her friend gave her an excuse not to look at Luke too much, but Julie could see she was struggling, and she knew all too well how Rosalie felt towards him. She had seen the ways they looked at each other during Finally Free, how they acted around one another in the studio and when they were just being themselves.

Now the guests and friends were arriving for the house party, and Rosalie was trying not to let her nerves get the best of her. She steals a look through the window of the studio, gazing upon the number of teenagers in the audience, many of them holding cups of whatever drink her father was serving.

Ray and Julie had spent the last hour decorating the studio for their performance. It was her father's idea. He wanted it to look special for Julie and actually make it look professional for it to be filmed. And they'd done a fantastic job decorating. Purple streamers flowed around the room, gold and purple stars decorated the ceiling, yellow bolts bedazzled the door, and the words 'Julie and the Phantoms' laid outside on the front.

"Hey, look who's here." Rosalie grins, calling over her friend. The girl places the ribbons back on the wall hopping over to Rosalie, who motion towards the window.

Julie stands on her tiptoes, and her eyes widen when she notices the boy in the blue jacket. "He actually came." She says quietly, holding back a smile on her face.

"Why would he not? You guys have a thing for each other." Rosalie tells her, gazing back at Nick, how he stares around in awe with a cup in his hand.

"Oh, like you and Luke?" Julie whispers, turning away from the window.

Rosalie quickly quiets her friend, dropping down from the window and staring at her in shock. "Dude, he's right over there." She whispers to her, motioning over to the three boys sitting on the couches, discussing the music and last-minute preparations.

Julie chuckles, folding her arms with a sly smile, "And? Everyone knows you two like each other." She tells her.

The audience grows in volume before Flynn's voice booms over them, the girls hosting the party for them. Her words interrupt the girls' moment, and they face the studio doors. Luke, Alex, and Reggie stand up from their seats, all of them eager to perform and play with one another again.