19│Unsaid Emily

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Nineteen
UNSAID EMILY
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Julie came to Rosalie the next day after school, saying she had an idea to thank Luke for everything he had done. She had briefly explained that she had come up with an idea to give Luke's mother the song that he had written for her.

So here they were, standing outside of Luke's parent's home. She had no idea what she was doing here. She had no game plan, no idea what exactly she was going to do as she stood in front of the door of the Patterson household, with Julie standing beside her.

Before Julie could reach out and ring the doorbell, there was a poof next to her on the porch. Both of their eyes widen as Luke appears next to them with the same look of shock.

"What are you doing here?" He questions, his voice soft and full of confusion. Rosalie sighed, shutting her eyes for a second before looking back at him.

"Just hear me out, okay?" Luke didn't say anything, just waited for her to speak. "On your birthday... well, we didn't know it was your birthday. But we were curious. We wanted to understand you after I kind of went off on you, so... Alex and Reggie brought Ro and me here.'' Julie says.

"You were spying on me?" Luke questions, scoffing in disbelief, "You sit here and continuously give speeches to me about boundaries and then spy on me?"

"Luke, I know it was wrong, and I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you-" Rosalie starts.

Luke sighs, "You don't have to be."

"Luke, I know what it feels like. I know how hard it is to want to speak to someone you love, but you can't," Rosalie says, thinking of her mom and the countless days she spent trying desperately to let her know that she was still here.

Luke licked the bottom of his lip, trying to find the words to say as he looked at her. He looked back to the front of the door before his eyes trailed back over to the girls in front of him. "Even if she could hear me, I don't even know what I would say to her."

"You've already said it, Luke," Julie whispers. Rosalie takes a step forward as she looks into his eyes.

"Please, trust us." She says.

That was all Luke needed to hear because he knew he trusted her with his whole heart. Reaching out without taking his eyes off of her, Luke rang the doorbell of his former home. The three of them moved to stand side by the door. Julie reached into her pocket, clutching the folded-up piece of paper that lay inside.

Luke's father opened the door, looking around for a moment before looking at Julie with a smiling smile. "Hi, how can I help you?"

"My... My name's Julie," She finally said, giving the older man a smile. "You had a son named Luke?"