12│Revenge

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Twelve
REVENGE
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Working on songs became a routine for Rosalie and the guys while Julie was at school. She would help Luke write songs. She didn't do much, just suggest a rhyming word every now and then. Standing in the studio now, the guys were working on a piece they have been working on all week.

Luke sat at the piano with a pencil in his hands as he stared down at the paper in front of him, "No, this works way better for the bridge." He stated.

"But, I think it might sound better my way," Rosalie suggested, but her voice sounded a little unsure.

"Okay," Reggie cut into the bickering between Rosalie and Luke, shaking his head. Rosalie sat on a stool close by Luke as Reggie stood over her shoulder, reading the lyrics in Luke's hands. "Maybe if we compromise, we could work this out."

Luke was about to say something when Julie walked through the doors of the studio. Rosalie saw that she was carrying a piece of paper in her hands, "We're playing at the school!" She said, waving the flyer for the band in the air.

Luke stood up from the piano, leaning against it as Rosalie and Reggie looked at the flyer when Julie handed it to them. Julie went over and grabbed a watering can from a table by the plants and started watering the plants. "We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" Reggie said.

Rosalie felt herself grow nervous as Reggie tilted the paper over to let Luke look at it. He didn't look as happy about it as Reggie was, "It's not exactly the strip."

Julie let out a little chuckle as Rosalie placed her hand on Luke's shoulder, "And you're not exactly alive, so many you should be happy we have our first gig."

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie says.

Reggie nods his head, agreeing, "Yeah, yeah, we need to play wherever we can whenever we can."

"No, you're right. Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs." Luke said, getting a little bit excited.

Julie set the watering can down as she joined in, "And then record a single that gets a billion streams?"

Luke looked at her confused, "I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour."

"And then we release a bunch of hit albums," Rosalie added.

Reggie snapped his fingers and pointed between them as he thought of something to add. "Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." After a brief moment of silence, Reggie adds, "I shred on banjo, so..."