3│All That Remains

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Three
ALL THAT REMAINS
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Rosalie watched as the forensic team removed her body from beneath the sand. She had waited for this moment for ten years, and now that it was here, she was happy. She had started to lose hope that she would ever be found. She figured that she would always be buried in a shallow grave where no one knew.

The team carefully placed the body in the van and drove off. With a smile still on her face, she turned around to follow them. She knew that they would be headed to the forensic lab a couple of blocks down the road.

Having spent years as a ghost, she no longer tried to weave her way around them. Instead, she just walked through the crowd. She passed by the people that had surrounded the small are and, as she got to the end of the group and bumped into three of people. Without even realizing what had happened, she mumbled "sorry" and continued her journey. Her mind was too worked upon being discovered that she didn't care that she had bumped into someone-something she hasn't done in ten years.

As she made it off the beach, she quickly teleported to the lab. She didn't want to take the walk there and risk missing something. She wanted to be there when they found out whose body it was.

The three guys stood on the beach, trying to figure out what was going on. They had only been back for a day, but they were fairly certain that they couldn't interact with the living. The only thing they could come up with was that she was a ghost. They didn't know her, but they knew they could teleport to her. In their minds, they visualized what she looked like. They knew she had blonde hair and was wearing a black shirt with white stripes, and that was about it.

But it seemed to work because they found themselves standing in a white room with an operating table, and Rosalie stood beside it. "Hey," Luke said, causing Rosalie to jump and turn around.

She wondered how they even got back here. This area was off-limits to the public. Ignoring him because she thought he was talking to the doctors, she turned around to her body.

The boys stared at each other in confusion, and this time Reggie stepped up towards her and tapped her on her shoulder. "Hey."

Rosalie let out a gasp as she felt his fingers on her shoulder. She turned around slowly and stared at them. "You can see me?" She asked.

The light in the room seemed to burn brighter as she stared at the boys in front of her. She could hear the sounds of the doctors talking behind her as they tried to figure out who it was that they had found. All three of the boys nodded their heads, "Yeah." Luke spoke.

Reggie smiled at her. This was the first ghost aside from his friends that he had met. "You're a ghost!" He said excitedly.

Rosalie was taken aback by his words, "Yeah," she spoke slowly, a little unsure. "Yeah, I have been for ten years now."