9│ Music Lessons

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Nine
MUSIC LESSONS
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

The following Monday, Julie came home from school excited to work on new songs, as she ran into the studio. Rosalie stood next to the piano with a guitar pick in her hand, glaring at it, while Luke stood next to her with a guitar in his hand. Reggie stood next to his base, watching the other two. Alex had left a few minutes ago to see his new ghost friend. As soon as Julie burst through the doors, all there of their heads snapped up to look at her.

Throwing her bag on the floor, she noticed everyone, "What are you guys doing?" She asked, looking around the room. She noticed Rosalie making an effort to learn music and smiled. She remembered when her mom taught her how to play piano.

Instantly Rosalie dropped the pick, and it clattered to the ground, Causing Luke to laugh at her. "I was trying to learn how to play the guitar, but I'm no good at it," she admitted.

Luke placed a hand on her shoulder in a comforting sort of way, "It takes practice. You will get it eventually." He told her, hoping to lift her spirits.

Ignoring Luke, she looked over at Julie, "We were done for the day anyways." She said and glanced over at Luke and then back to Julie, "You can write songs with him now."

Rosalie went to leave the studio, but Luke called after her, "Wait, Rose, at least take the guitar with you so you can practice wherever it is you're going." He said as he picked up his guitar and held onto it for her.

She turned back to look at him and let out a sigh, "No, I think I'm just going to go on a walk and get some fresh air, take a little break." She told them as she walked out of the studio.

Rosalie had no idea where she was actually headed, but she was determined to be able to play an instrument before their next gig, whenever that was. She wanted to get away from the house so that her playing wouldn't disturb them as they tried to write new songs for the band.

The sun was setting in the distance as Rosalie made her way through the streets of Hollywood. Even after so many years of living here, she was still amazed by the buildings, the architecture. Off in the horizon, she could just make out the Hollywood sign. She had never actually been up there to see it.

She eventually found herself walking along the beach. The place where her body had been discovered last week. She found herself thinking about her mom again. She wondered how she was doing after finding out everything. Rosalie couldn't bring herself to visit. She knew that if she did, then she would never want to leave.

Instead, she laid down on the sand, still warm from the sun that was setting into the horizon. She listened to the sound of the waves crashing into the shore. She felt at peace, lying on the beach with the warm breeze and the ocean.