23│Stand Tall

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Twenty Three
STAND TALL
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

When the four ghosts poofed back into existence, they were right where Rosalie swore she would never return to, The Hollywood Ghost Club. Luke looked down at himself just as Rosalie and the others did. Their eyes all go wide as they see their clothes are gone and replaced with fancy suits that fit the old Hollywood aesthetic. Luke and Reggie were wearing their guitars, and Alex held his drum sticks while Rosalie held a microphone in her hand. 

"Well, don't you look nice?" Caleb said, appearing in front of them.

"Sweet threads," Reggie mumbles as they all fidgeted in the uncomfortable clothing. Luke tugged at the collar of the suit, trying to pull it away from his neck while Rosalie pulled her dress down, afraid that it was too short. It ended just above her knee, but she didn't feel comfortable wearing it.

Caleb watches them all, the club music playing in the background just outside of the curtains and on the stage. "How... how'd you know our sizes?" Alex asks.

Rosalie turned to glare at him, "That's your question?" She shot at him with Luke nodding his head at her. She rolled her eyes.

Caleb sighed, bringing the attention of the ghosts back to him. "I know you guys aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming, but I just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch." Caleb looked over to his assistant, handing him something before looking back at them, "For starters, isn't it nice that we're all here together? And everything you want, including Willie, is here." Caleb's eyes glanced over at Rosalie with a smirk, "And your friend over there won't be gone if you stay here with me."

Luke was the first to turn and look at Rosalie. All three of the boys held a look of confusion at her as she glared at Caleb, who faked, looking shocked, "Oh, were they not supposed to know? My bad." He then turned his attention to the rest of the group, "You don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you feel with the audience will be like no other. I promise."

The sounds of the crowd roaring behind the curtain brought Caleb's attention away from the boys and Rosalie. "Shh. Do you hear that? They're waiting for you!"

The ghosts were instantly hit with the jolts, throwing them out of their trance as Caleb approached the curtains. "That one looked like it hurt." Caleb shrugged as his assistant placed his coat on his shoulder. "Let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business or not. We already know it's not Rosie's. Do you really have time for a mistake like that? I suggest accepting my offer because the clock is ticking."